Eve of Destruction Mod Update 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eve of Destruction Mod Update 5

Thanks for the positive feedback fellas! FYI I am currently workling on making a new uvmap for the soliders and then I will attempt to reskin them and bump\normal map them. I'm not skinner though. If anybody is interested in skinning for us PM wilson trahn or myself or post on our forums! We can use all the help we can get.

Comment

A sugestion about soldiers, make a high poly version of each one, you can use an insane polycount because that high poly model will be baked with normal maping onto the low poly version that the engine will really use. Model all the details you want: badges, buttons, belts, cloth wrinkles, all.

This is the way the BF2 soldiers are done.

This website explains very good the normal mapping thing: http://www.monitorstudios.com/bclowa...tutorials.html

Comment

Hey folks,
        wanted to give EOD the props they deserve. The charcater models are simpl and to the point and they do so with class and practicality.

I just believe there should be a few reviews before going to full release:

Please review the VC character's feet and thickness of limbs. While not known for having massively muscular bodies (and I like the compromise you have modelled in terms of body morph) I kind of feel the symmetry is off still.

Hand positions.fingers. The grip positions need to be reassesed to be slightly tighter looking, not like it's loosely gripping the object.

Uniform skins. Skins are a little too dull looking. A bit of cloth/mesh simulation overlay may help. They are too smooth and have no "nooks and crannies" or wrinkles. More "noise" would help.

Facial expression. Currently too dull, and spaced out "stoned" looking.
        Not sure if you can edit these features but I would advise that you investigate doing so. As you know the original US Marines head model and the Chinese PLA head model you are using for the VC/NVA actually have programmed facial expressions. It would be good to see this here.

Inclusion of US Army Special Forces characters. Using reference pics to replicate in game, I believe an Army SF player/Class would be very good here. Clothe him with the Tiger Stripe jungle camo of the day and arm him with the Coltt XM77 would be very nice indeed.

And I'm sure you will change the M249 SAW for the old version of the 60s M60. Right?

Inclusion of the old style 60s style Flak Jacket in the models. If possible to give the player a choice of skin would be nice too.

Good job again and good luck!

Comment

The soldiers faces haven't been weighted yet, so they don't have any good animation to them yet. Still working on them. Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
          X