• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Experience WWII Mod Update

as long as the gameplay's good, w/e for da graphics

Comment

Hmm is that it? The cliche of the clipping issue? An issue which can be fixed in seconds. These are all WIP content, and the screens were taken on a ATI which we have discovered makes skins look like crap compared to Nvidia cards. ShadowKnight did a good job with the skins, he is improving and his accomplishments should earn himself compliments to the least. Always got to be some critics, but atleast give him credit for doing a good job. Please excuse the ATI screens though, they look a ton better on my comp, 6800gt.

Comment

very VERY nice

Comment

Originally posted by AKJ
          Hmm is that it? The cliche of the clipping issue? An issue which can be fixed in seconds. These are all WIP content, and the screens were taken on a ATI which we have discovered makes skins look like crap compared to Nvidia cards. ShadowKnight did a good job with the skins, he is improving and his accomplishments should earn himself compliments to the least. Always got to be some critics, but atleast give him credit for doing a good job. Please excuse the ATI screens though, they look a ton better on my comp, 6800gt.
          Excuses, excuses. If its an issue that can be fixed in seconds, it should have been fixed before taking Screenies. That shows some real laziness.

As for the skins looking bad on ATI cards, you should have taken the pictures on an Nvidia card then. Besides, the regular BF2 skins look way better than that on my dads ATI card, so even if thats the case, they still look crappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chellis
            Excuses, excuses. If its an issue that can be fixed in seconds, it should have been fixed before taking Screenies. That shows some real laziness.

As for the skins looking bad on ATI cards, you should have taken the pictures on an Nvidia card then. Besides, the regular BF2 skins look way better than that on my dads ATI card, so even if thats the case, they still look crappy.
            But notice it's still all WIP and not final. A newspost doesn't have to include the complete final product, we are still working on these things and this is showing our progress. Now about the screens taken on ATI card, if you would have noticed I said we didn't catch it in time that the game doesn't look as good with an ATI card. That is proven. This is new content and content which you haven't even seen for yourself on your computer, so it's alot different with seeing the monotone colors of the M16s and M4s in the stock game where there are slight differences between the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by AKJ
              But notice it's still all WIP and not final. A newspost doesn't have to include the complete final product, we are still working on these things and this is showing our progress. Now about the screens taken on ATI card, if you would have noticed I said we didn't catch it in time that the game doesn't look as good with an ATI card. That is proven. This is new content and content which you haven't even seen for yourself on your computer, so it's alot different with seeing the monotone colors of the M16s and M4s in the stock game where there are slight differences between the cards.
              Again, excuses. Instead of spending time explaining things away, you should spend the time fixing these things before posting news. Unless you are happy showing sub-par wip's for news, which is your decision.

And speaking of monotone colors? MP40's, P38's, and MG-34's? Not exactly the most colorful bunch either.

Comment

I think SK did a great job on his skins, he even improved them since this update.

Comment

Originally posted by AKJ
                  Read, I'm not Mscheoldgen. He codes all this stuff. But I seriously don't get why you can't process what I'm saying. ATI doesn't bond with BF2 well. Monotone colors, well from the sounds of it you're not even out of highschool yet so you probably haven't even gotten to learn that yet. M16s are all gray, while the MG-34 and P-38 have wood and plastic colors and it's obvious with the ATI cards not looking as good with weapons with more colors. And you've annoyed me enough that you can have the last word, I'm done with this. People can see though, that they can't gratify responses to people like you, who just repeat themselves and annoy anyone in their path.
                  It reflects on your team, if you can't release quality news, no matter what the reasons.

Guess what? The vast majority of mod teams don't need to explain away their news, and why it looks bad. Because they make a good effort and have decent work. Instead of decent work, you have excuses. No excuses will ever beat decent work to show.

Now, though I usually ignore people who have to go for ad hominem attacks such as yourself, I'd rather show you the fallacy of your ways. For starters, its not only the "vibrant" colors on the models that look bad. All of them look low res, dark and light. You act like BF2 only has black guns. Are you forgetting the G3a3, L85a1, AK-47, and Pecheneg, just to name a few?

Look. BF2 graphics, ATI or not, look better than this update. Other mods updates look better than this update, for the most part. Instead of getting blue in the face, trying to prove to me that although they look bad, they are actually good, go make another news update, with them looking good. That would show me up. Are you up to it, or would you rather just keep attacking my character until I magically agree that in perfect settings, the update would look ok.

Comment

:laugh: LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X