Map Release: King of the Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Map Release: King of the Hill

Buggy software generates some weird bugs - reason for that helicopter thing. As its the softwares fault I cant fix it, it works most of the time so.. meh

oh yes that grass on the runway was my intention lol. It's kinda hard noticing such small details on a map this size, its only a small graphical mishap, no worries, its like official maps having grass growing through some of the buildings

Nice one on the servers guys, means alot to me getting all this feedback

Comment

sorry it was being used for a clan match and will be returned to king of the hill after it

update its now back up for everyone to use.

Comment

Im sorry but this map is first time amature at best. I know it may be your first map , but the old " just start putting buildings beside each other and then make impossible terrain around it "... just does'nt cut it for map making. And shame on all of you who are giving this guy false praise! Are you guys smoking crack! I sometimes think that most people on this site never played BF42 and all the stellar mods that it produced. The bar was raised a long time ago folks. My ranting also comes from some of the "amazing" movies that I download that you guys make out to be Steven Spielberg masterpieces and are again Horribly amature. I'm done.

ps... Don't get me wrong , keep making maps but put ones out that are a little polished please!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Defeatest
          Im sorry but this map is first time amature at best. I know it may be your first map , but the old " just start putting buildings beside each other and then make impossible terrain around it "... just does'nt cut it for map making. And shame on all of you who are giving this guy false praise! Are you guys smoking crack! I sometimes think that most people on this site never played BF42 and all the stellar mods that it produced. The bar was raised a long time ago folks. My ranting also comes from some of the "amazing" movies that I download that you guys make out to be Steven Spielberg masterpieces and are again Horribly amature. I'm done.

ps... Don't get me wrong , keep making maps but put ones out that are a little polished please!!!

Lets see YOU put out an example before you start badmouthing that way. Is the terrain "impossible"? NO. Are the buildings just laid beside eachother?? I think not. Ungrateful &^$%^3!!!!!!shiftone1

Comment

Now Now, dont get your feathers in a ruffle!! Was I rude??? No. Was I mean??? No. Do you have to put out a map first before you give constructive critisism??? No. Dont be a big baby. Ya the terrain looks like its a left over construction site and you can tell that the buildings were just selected and dropped there. I'm not stupid, I've played hundreds of and made a few custom maps. I know what I'm talking about. What should I say? " oh wow fantastic map! best ever! Wow I'm so impressed by your weekend made map?" learn to take critisism dumbass. Grow up.

Comment

Just looking back and wow you call this an A+ map???? No need to carry this conversation forward. Have a nice day

Comment

We aren't talking about a mod here, or a "professional" made map. I'm just saying you could take down you're arrogance a peg or 2. We aren't even comparing this map to another are we?? And you added NO positive input. Thats what ****ed me off. I apoligize for being a jerk in my post too. And after a second look I notice what you're talking about. Buildings with tunnels in them placed against a rock wall is one example of things just randomly placed. So I'd say crimsomblaze should maybe work on that some, and smoothing of some edges here and there too. But still not bad for an amatures map. MOST released so far for BF2 are worse. Goodness I hope you don't critique mine when I release it. You came off pretty harsh. This is someone's work we're talking about so don't FLAME. Just criticize, with a little tact. People taking on projects for the greater good of this community deserve at least that. And by the way I don't know if you've fiddled with the editor yourself yet, but if you have, I'm sure you know how much crap is involved in completeing a project at this point.

Comment

The map is huge...and a lot of trees is pretty cool and a good cover from helicopters and planes, if you want a tank war...but, nobody plays this map so it's way too boring

Comment

Originally posted by =::StOn3dWoLf::=
                    The map is huge...and a lot of trees is pretty cool and a good cover from helicopters and planes, if you want a tank war...but, nobody plays this map so it's way too boring
                    Well thats custom maps for you, which is a major shame.

Originally posted by Defeatest
                    I know what I'm talking about. What should I say? " oh wow fantastic map! best ever! Wow I'm so impressed by your weekend made map?" learn to take critisism dumbass.
                    Weekend made map, you gotta be kidding me! I literally spent 26 days on this. I havent gone for a map which is just for looks and realism which seems to be what your looking for, i've gone for gameplay and balance. Each map made has a different intention while producing and it seems you have completly missed the one I was trying, how disappointing...

Comment

Well Defeatest is alittle rude but I agree that I don't think the map is that great as some people here think it is. I'm sure you put alot of time in it and I commend you for that but I've seen alot of better maps in my BF days. My main point of critique is that the map layout does not feel natural and I personally dislike mirrored maps.

Xihuang Lu Provence is more to my liking.

I can't map anything myself for BF (more at home in UED) so I couldn't do it any better but I think honesty is worth alot more in this case.

Comment

Well I apolagize if I came off like an ass. Crimson, I'm not trying to be mean. I'll try to be more constructive in the future. I know the editor is tough and so is map making.
                        Hope we all meet on the battlefield!

Comment

Originally posted by Alphaeno
                          Thinner, its not you, its the map. I got into King of the Hill...Finally. But when I went to go into a heli, the game crashed again. Dont get this map folks, to many bugs. Its not worth it.

It looks good tho.
                          preach it the map is pointless i put it up on the lan boxes here and all it does is crash crash crash crash. until the crashin part is worked out i suggest everyone avoid this map like the plague

Comment

Originally posted by SilentWarrior
                            Ok we got our dedicated server running King of the Hill map and we will continue to run it for days to come, Server Name "|-TC-| King of the Hill", 64 man, BF2 IP: 70.85.237.42:16567, is the info if you wanna join it and have fun, feel free to join our TeamSpeak too if you want to talk to the people playing in the server , TS IP: 70.85.237.42:8767. Cya there! Its fun stuff. We will rotate between the 16, 32, 64 sizes of the map
                            Thanks man!
                            They look like it's gona be fun fun fun!
                            BUT>>>>
                            MOD maps have to be hosted to be playable e.g. you download a custom (MOD) map (client side) and a private server (server side) has to host them (have them loaded at the server end) Not many peeps have the resources to do this at the moment. You will need an IP number and password to connect.

I wish that when peeps post custom download maps particularly on the home page of this forum that they would state if they or anyone else is hosting them with IP addresses and passwords.

I just played some real nice custom maps last night on Alpha9 so much fun. Details and downloads at http://www.alpha9s.com/ see forum.

Comment

Working...
                            X