No announcement yet.

Desert Conflict Mod Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes harshness is the best way to help someone improve. However, I don't think being harsh on retail games will cause them to improve it though. We already paid the $40 USD or whatever and seem to be happy to play it. To them, fun is more important than accuracy or graphics. That's one reason why all Battlefield games out have been more arcadish than realisitc. Then they leave modders with a nice game engine to do what they choose to do it.

On the subject with mods, they need the community support to survive and are very likely to take suggestions. Also, community comments are good for giving the mod an idea of how they will do when released. I once led the mod "Flashpoint Balkans" for BFV, and pretty much all we got was diss. But, with each diss, we took it as a suggestion on how to make the mod better. I still think the last release was total garbage, but with the insults and community reaction, we have a good idea on how to improve the next version.

Just my ideas. Sorry, if you can't understand what I'm saying.

Also, I collect replica weapons, and MP5 does not look like that. The skin is very wrong.

Hannes, I hate those M15 airsoft rifle. Mine broke after 400 shots and the store won't let me return it.

Comment

Uuuuh ooohhhh, the "I shag guns, how dare you defile my babies" brigade returns!

Comment

I could care less if it wasent accurate but its just plain ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by thegunrunner
          Sometimes harshness is the best way to help someone improve. However, I don't think being harsh on retail games will cause them to improve it though. We already paid the $40 USD or whatever and seem to be happy to play it. To them, fun is more important than accuracy or graphics. That's one reason why all Battlefield games out have been more arcadish than realisitc. Then they leave modders with a nice game engine to do what they choose to do it.

On the subject with mods, they need the community support to survive and are very likely to take suggestions. Also, community comments are good for giving the mod an idea of how they will do when released. I once led the mod "Flashpoint Balkans" for BFV, and pretty much all we got was diss. But, with each diss, we took it as a suggestion on how to make the mod better. I still think the last release was total garbage, but with the insults and community reaction, we have a good idea on how to improve the next version.

Just my ideas. Sorry, if you can't understand what I'm saying.

Also, I collect replica weapons, and MP5 does not look like that. The skin is very wrong.

Hannes, I hate those M15 airsoft rifle. Mine broke after 400 shots and the store won't let me return it.

Was it CA or some cheap-ass brand?

Comment

Yes, CA M15A4 AEG.

Comment

Damn, that sucks.. what country do you live in?

Comment

I LOVE THE Apache , SAW,...
                HARRIER's nose looks off, but otherwise AWESOME

THE MP5 RENDER looks like ass, and the MLRS SKIN looks like do-do(in their site)

Comment

Originally posted by ohlem
                  Damn, that sucks.. what country do you live in?
                  Taiwan, can't legally own guns here.

Comment

That's too bad, hehe, theres always airsoft events here in the US!

Comment

Originally posted by thegunrunner
                      That sucks, my friend used that M15A4 Rifle for half years and he sold it to me, its have been working really well with me. Im in a local airsofting team and there is few guys, who have CA M15.

Comment

^^ off-topic...this is not a chat room

Comment

I would suggest that if the model is in BF2 vanilla and it is good, don't waste time and effort making another. Just use it or tweak it. You guys already have a lot on your plate without re-inventing the wheel.

I liked the models and in particular, the apache. But as Splinter says, really really do your research. If you don't have that much time, get someone else to do the research. The better they are at it the easier your job of modeling will be.

I am definately keen for this mod. BTW, why don't you guys talk to US Intervention mod devs about a possible merger. They seem to be inspired by Desert Combat...

Comment

I don't really understand why you'd replace the current m249 for BF2.

I wish mods would be original with their ideas. Hopefully there will be mods that don't go with the standard US Military game feel. It's a little boring after so many games and mods already use it.

I can't wait for interstate and another star wars mod

Entertainment beats simulation.

Comment

Well I think the renders are good, All I can say if it plays like DC I will be happy. DC still in my mind is the best. Better than the candy version they call BF2, The only reason I got BF2 is for the future mods. All the mods I have seen so far are looking good, So props to the Devs.
                              BF2 is a joke, Its going to be the Sims all over again, Added vehicles, maps, and new features in the future expansions that you have to pay $40-$50 for. Well I for one will not buy expansions after expansions to get the stuff that should be in the game in the first place. That is why I am looking forward to the mods cause they will add the stuff we want within reason, They also listen to the community for suggestions.
                              I see EA have there mind on $$$$$ and how long they can suck the life out of a game.

Make sure you add Lost Village to this Mod, In my mind one of the classic DC maps that should be added to this for sure!

Comment

ok call me a noob but I just got this game, are these downloads that will add to my bf2?

Comment

Working...
                                X