Desert Conflict Mod Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hiddeninplainview
    why does c5 have an obcession with downing everything we put it out..
    To encourage you to try and make better models.. That's what I'm hoping

Comment

I don't think the problem lies with the texture, the texture itself is pretty cool especially the exhaust burn on the back of the launcher. However, there is a degree of simplicity about it that more closely resembles the models used in BF1942 mods as a pose to the BF2 models which isn't a good thing.
      It's definetly a good step forwards, but there needs to be some more work done in terms of taking away 90 degree corners/angles as well as just generally padding/bumpmapping areas of the model to take it further away from looking like a 3d model as opposed to looking like a warfare vehicle. Take a look at the existing models as well as some from the Forgotton Hope mod for examples of what I mean, the difference in quality is extremely noticeable.

Keep at it though, it'll be interesting to see where things go.

Comment

Originally posted by Munchies
        How can you guys lie so badly, the skin/model is just horrible.
        Wouldnt say horrible...but not bf2 quality.

Comment

Is this going to have 2 positions for players like the MLRS from Desert Combat? And if so, think a driver would resupply the turret? Man what fun that would be. Mobile camping machine.

Comment

this skin, and this mod look awesome. I am truly looking forward to this mod, gj dc mod team!

Comment

Err...the mod tools haven't been released yet, so how is it suposed to have BF2 quality? Also C5, How about you try making a model of an MLRS? I didn't think so. Its easier to complain about something that to do it 'better' yourself. It was not constructive criticism as you did not elaborate your complaint. So STFU. Good model DC

Comment

Originally posted by [ADF] SlasherZed
                Err...the mod tools haven't been released yet, so how is it suposed to have BF2 quality?
                HAHA. Thank you, that's all I needed to know.

This proves that you know nothing about models and skins.

Comment

I dunno, comparing the real thing to this render, I think it looks rather good. If you've ever seen one in real life like I have, you'd know they ARE all right angles and boxy looking. Good work DC team, I look forward to your mod. Hopefully I'll be able to download and play it while I'm in Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by [ADF] SlasherZed
                    Err...the mod tools haven't been released yet, so how is it suposed to have BF2 quality? Also C5, How about you try making a model of an MLRS? I didn't think so. Its easier to complain about something that to do it 'better' yourself. It was not constructive criticism as you did not elaborate your complaint. So STFU. Good model DC
                    Maybe we cant do any, but alot of other modders can do ALOT better than that.

Comment

How can you guys lie so badly, the skin/model is just horrible.
                      Not constuctive.
                      I don't think the problem lies with the texture, the texture itself is pretty cool especially the exhaust burn on the back of the launcher. However, there is a degree of simplicity about it that more closely resembles the models used in BF1942 mods as a pose to the BF2 models which isn't a good thing.
                      It's definetly a good step forwards, but there needs to be some more work done in terms of taking away 90 degree corners/angles as well as just generally padding/bumpmapping areas of the model to take it further away from looking like a 3d model as opposed to looking like a warfare vehicle. Take a look at the existing models as well as some from the Forgotton Hope mod for examples of what I mean, the difference in quality is extremely noticeable.

Keep at it though, it'll be interesting to see where things go.
                      Very constructive. Thank you, Hybrid-Halo.
                      And to the others, it's really not worth anyone's time simply posting 'that looks bad' etc. If you're going to criticize (which is perfectly fine, it leads to improvement) at least make it a bit constructive.

Comment

THAT LICENSE PLATE JUST LOOKS LIKE STRIGHT ASS...thumbs up for render..thumbs Down to skin.

Comment

Texture...?

From the look of the render it either looks like the texture map size is very very small maybe 512x512 or its just a bad skin. If you want people to think your mod is any good considering you are trying to follow in DC's footsteps then i suggest you start making the uv map size at about 1024x1024 or even 2048x1024 in some cases bf2 can handle it and it definitly doesnt hurt to have a nice high rez skin.

Also one of the Devs said it was War torn or whatever, this isnt war torn its blurry and the blast marks shouldnt be on the top of the missile launcher since nothing but smoke or dust gets up there not actual fire. Personally towards the skinner i suggest you do the skin over again at a higher rez and take your time.

And before anyone even says "you couldnt do this yourself!" i can and i know what im talking about.

Comment

thank you devil

Comment

Well you asked for constructive critisizm, imo the back looks wayyy overdone with the dirt and "war torn" but at the same time its the only part thats detailed, the rest of the skin just look like plain shades of brown without anything interesting, and I dont think theres a camo scheme at that colour anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.D
                                Cant wait for this mod, I wanna play my old DC maps
                                Ditto !

Comment

Working...
                                X