Battlefield 2 Official Site Update - Editor and Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 Official Site Update - Editor and Stats

<a href="http://www.eagames.com">EA</a> posted up a new community update on the <a href="http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/">Official Battlefield 2 website</a> for us today covering the upcoming BF2 Editor release, as well as detailing a new stats querying service currently under testing.
    <blockquote><b>Battlefield 2 Mod Tool Update</b>
    As we mentioned in this space a little over a week ago, the Battlefield 2 Editor was released to a small number of Mod Teams worldwide recently to help us uncover last minute configurations issues and/or documentation omissions. This process has been a tremendous success thanks to the dedicated Community Members involved, and we are in the process of addressing a few last minute issues with the Editor. With that said, we are still a few days from Open Beta release. We again ask for the community's patience, as our goal with the Editor is to provide the most stable, complete toolset possible.

<b>Community Stats Service</b>
    Shortly after we launched Battlefield 2, many users found ways to query the Stats system outside of the game client and began creating great interfaces and web sites that allowed users to pull their own (or really any player's stats). Unfortunately, we were forced to close this query off to the community after some malicious types in our Community began to run over-large and continuous queries. That said, we are currently deploying and testing a new service that will return some of this functionality to our dedicated players and we intend to provide this tool (along with guidelines for use of the service) very soon. Stay tuned to this space for news.</blockquote>
    Read the entire update <a href="http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_072805">here</a>.

Also, there have been a number of people posting information on the <a href="http://forums.totalbf2.com/">TotalBF2 forums</a> regarding the BF2 Editor being leaked. This type of discussion will <u>not</u> be tolerated and will be deleted immediately without notice.

LOL, I find this funny...the stat thing... it jsut confuses me how someone would want to use another person's account's status. Excuse me if i read it wrong but to me it seems kinda dumb that someone tries to ruin an oppertunity to have fun with the ranking system.

Comment

i cant wait for the stats thing, although it would probably put an end to the working script i have now and alllll the hard work im putting into it lol, well see, hopefully its a good program/script they release.

Comment

I hope my current script still works beacause I just configured it two days ago

Comment

They made no mention of the fact that people are STILL querying their stat server, just using an altered method (so it thinks we're BF2). Oh well, guess there haven't been any issues with it.

Can't wait to read the guidelines though, hope they aren't too strict.

~Salad

Comment

I wonder when they will release teh mod tools....they keep saying "SOON"

Comment

They will release them...soon..

Comment

Updates from EA like this make me think that they actually care about BF2 and that they are really working to improve the game and the future mods for everyone.

At least that's how I felt after reading it, especially given this update as well as the "1.03 patch" update last week, which surprisingly addressed a lot of issues and shut a lot of the complainers up.

Comment

I too feel like they care about this game. They should care about it. A lot of customers bought this game hoping it would be the 'end all' online games out there. They wanted a game they could play all day and have fun every minute of it. They released it to great reviews and a few die-hard fans asking "why not more?".

I dont care, this game is terriffic. I love it. And another reason they care about it so much is because they have another Battlefield Expansion pack coming out before christmas which is INSANELY soon. Most total-conversion mods wont be in a decent state until then. Also they care about it because they have Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on the consoles this year also. With the xbox and 360 online components and the way the game looks in the demo. They seem to be using the PC version as almost a testing ground for the console version.

Comment

Yeah i love this game too, it took me away from CS:S and that is hard to do. I personally dont have many problems with the game, there are a few things I would suggest changing but nothing major, on my part the game is excellent and ohh so fun.

Comment

Yea it's very fun and too addicting lol

Comment

We again ask for the community's patience, as our goal with the Editor is to provide the most stable, complete toolset possible.
                        Hearing this I think they must have a different team working on the mod tools than who worked on the game.

Comment

holy **** when the **** are the mod tools coming **** ea

Comment

Surely EA can limit the query lengths and stop overloading queries. Bringing down the stats because they can't control what the end user does is, IMO, a poor way to handle queries.

Comment

I wonder when there going to release more info and a fix list about 1.03

Comment

Working...
                              X