Official Battlefield 2 Site Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your link didn't work crazzykilla.
    this one does http://bf2.internationalgamer.com/.
    So another tourney that ROCKS.
    that's the spirit

Comment

I wish I could sign-up but Im in a deep hole with money right now, about 2 months behind so even a couple dollars here and there will affect me. Tour of Duty looks awesome though.

Can't wait till Editor and Mod tools releae.

Comment

Originally posted by ALFfx
        your link didn't work crazzykilla.
        this one does http://bf2.internationalgamer.com/.
        So another tourney that ROCKS.
        that's the spirit
        ooops i added a S to the end of operation lol

Comment

Interesting information, but I'm curious about a patch that actually makes the game browser they provided a detailed manual for, work.

Comment

For the record, the rumors regarding the early release where true. The only reason EA gave up the info is because some of us have taken exception to being left out and made our objections known. In this thread, http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthrea...516#post212516, the rumor was denied by site staff.

The way the early distribution was handled is total bunk.

Comment

sounds cool

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJo
                Well, www.21stcenturywarfare.com has been doing something like this for about 3 years on DC. Good times, Tournament play makes a game so much better...
                /agree its definatly a fun tourney and a good reputation since its been round a long time
                Edit: its free

Comment

All 21cw members & Total War members do not flame, All the tournaments have someting to offer. DO NOT ACT A FOOL. I wish Planetcombat & BF2combat all the best.

AB

Comment

damn I forgot Total war
                    Total war rocks too
                    all tournaments do, like icecream there are enough flavours for all.
                    Thanks airborne.

Comment

To those at BF2 Combat,

You say that the money goes to your servers... Correct? How many of those servers you have are free from your sponsors? How many total servers do you pay for? Or do you rent 1-2 boxes and run 6 servers off them? What are your servers costing you per month? How many members do you have?

Lets say for arguements sake that you have 500 Members. x $3/month/player = $1,500. Lets say you pay for 5 servers. Cost of a decent server should probally cost you around $150/month x 5 servers = $750/month. That leaves $750/month.

Now I dont know exactly how many servers they run or what they are paying for them. But $3/Head x the amount of participants adds up. And I dont see you guys needing more then 3-4-5 servers tops anyways. The Battle takes place on one. Have 1 Public server and then 2-3 servers for practices.

So to my main question... where does the money go?

If you say prizes... you only list 2 Video cards, a couple of Zboards and what not as your prizes. And of those I am sure most are dontated. Even if you had to pay for them lets say the cards cost $400/each give or take. Thats lets say $800 for the cards another $200 for the Zboards. And $250 for whatever else. Thats $1250 total for the tournament. And if the tournament runs 3 months x $750/month you make profit after server costs thats $2,250 - the $1,200 of the prizes leaves you $1000. Thats some nice pocket change for whoever runs it (GigiloAnt).

As to the Prizes... how will you be giving them out? BEst score? Most Kills? Random drawing?

As to the Tournament it self. It was fun when it was free in BFV. But... the lag was horrible. Especially when you had both Euros & North Americans on the same server. So pings were from 20-300. Also having to wait to join the match because the other team doesnt have enough guys also sucks. They had a rule and I am sure do again where no one team can have more then 3 guys. To keep everything fair. Which sounds like a good idea. Until the one team has the problem every single week. And instead of having those not playing join the other team, they just make you wait till someone on your team leaves or they finally get another.

Now if the Tournament was free still I would probally join it as something to do on Sundays durring the day. But the commitment you require, the training, the cost (altough not alot) and all the problems I had in BFV it wouldnt be worth $3/month. To me that is.

I do wish you the best of luck. And perhaps some of the problems you guys have in BFV have been corrected.

Coyote

VNC BFV Tour Beta
                      VNC BFV Tour 1
                      VNC BFV Tour 2 - For about 2 weeks

Comment

Whats up? Coyote. Most of the people that have signed up do not mind paying the 10 bucks or whatever because it keeps the kids out. That way your left with a mature group of players which makes it more enjoyable for everyone. Personally, I dont really care where the money goes. Give me what I want and I will gladly pay you for it.

I havent seen any lag yet with the scrim battles that we have played. I think the netcode is much better with BF2 vs BFV.

Anyhow, Good luck with the hawks.

Combat

Comment

Originally posted by coyote
                          To those at BF2 Combat,

You say that the money goes to your servers... Correct? How many of those servers you have are free from your sponsors? How many total servers do you pay for? Or do you rent 1-2 boxes and run 6 servers off them? What are your servers costing you per month? How many members do you have?

Lets say for arguements sake that you have 500 Members. x $3/month/player = $1,500. Lets say you pay for 5 servers. Cost of a decent server should probally cost you around $150/month x 5 servers = $750/month. That leaves $750/month.

Now I dont know exactly how many servers they run or what they are paying for them. But $3/Head x the amount of participants adds up. And I dont see you guys needing more then 3-4-5 servers tops anyways. The Battle takes place on one. Have 1 Public server and then 2-3 servers for practices.

So to my main question... where does the money go?

If you say prizes... you only list 2 Video cards, a couple of Zboards and what not as your prizes. And of those I am sure most are dontated. Even if you had to pay for them lets say the cards cost $400/each give or take. Thats lets say $800 for the cards another $200 for the Zboards. And $250 for whatever else. Thats $1250 total for the tournament. And if the tournament runs 3 months x $750/month you make profit after server costs thats $2,250 - the $1,200 of the prizes leaves you $1000. Thats some nice pocket change for whoever runs it (GigiloAnt).

As to the Prizes... how will you be giving them out? BEst score? Most Kills? Random drawing?

As to the Tournament it self. It was fun when it was free in BFV. But... the lag was horrible. Especially when you had both Euros & North Americans on the same server. So pings were from 20-300. Also having to wait to join the match because the other team doesnt have enough guys also sucks. They had a rule and I am sure do again where no one team can have more then 3 guys. To keep everything fair. Which sounds like a good idea. Until the one team has the problem every single week. And instead of having those not playing join the other team, they just make you wait till someone on your team leaves or they finally get another.

Now if the Tournament was free still I would probally join it as something to do on Sundays durring the day. But the commitment you require, the training, the cost (altough not alot) and all the problems I had in BFV it wouldnt be worth $3/month. To me that is.

I do wish you the best of luck. And perhaps some of the problems you guys have in BFV have been corrected.

Coyote

VNC BFV Tour Beta
                          VNC BFV Tour 1
                          VNC BFV Tour 2 - For about 2 weeks
                          Thanks for the financial update

Comment

Originally posted by [TW]Airborne
                            All 21cw members & Total War members do not flame, All the tournaments have someting to offer. DO NOT ACT A FOOL. I wish Planetcombat & BF2combat all the best.
                            AB
                            i second that

great news BF2combat

Comment

Working...
                            X