First Strike Dev Diary #15 - STEB74 + New Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarkWolf View Post
    Yeah looks like another good SW mod for the BF game franchise.
    Now all we need is for the mod to come out before the next PC BF game is announced and all the players stop playing to wait for the next one ala BF:V/BF2.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait to have my StarWars name all ready to go for the this mod! Rock on baby!

Comment

~V~

I personally appreciated the fine work and effort and I personally enjoyed the trailer. It really made me thirsty to slap on a blaster again.

Release date?

Comment

Originally posted by B=E=N=C=H View Post
        I had more fun watching the trailer than playing QW:ET beta

Thanks for the mod guys! :yay:
        :laugh: I was thinking the same thing, I'd rather be playing this mod in its current form than ET:QW.

Comment

I've watched it like 8 times now. Freaking awesome.

Comment

GREAT WORK ! Guys

Ive had the opportunity to test play this great mod after helping to make the first one in bf1942.

I can honestly say the physics are better, the light maps, visual effects and weapon feel are better than the previous mod. Mostly due to a newer engine like 2142 but Im sure also the experience and hardships these guys went through just since the first one helped immensley.

I prefer space maps myslef, the Interviewer on that show wasn't clearly clued in before they aired it, but obviously that was in game footage of a space battle and it is very fun to fly any of the craft and dogfight.

The land maps are just as fun with this mod and especially the Mos Espa if your Rebel your in constant awareness while duciking behind buildings to escape the ATST's and finding the troopers to contend with also. There is many places to hide if need be, but as in the video if its street battles you want you definately get them here.

All in all the mod will be greatly appreciated much much more once you actually experince the gameplay and have a chance to act out your Star Wars fantasies (Princess Leia isn't included) among the many different battles they have lined up for you all.

I think they did a smack up job, expecially being that Prech only had three days to pull it off.. and its so typical of mis communication in short hasty requests like that for them to not fully explain why they needed 5 minutes worth of footage. They probably wanted five and were going to do thier own editing but instead saw that Preach and the team had already packaged it for them with audio included and just used it instead. The interviewer though as I said before should have done some research of his own before making comments on things he himself was not sure of.

Either way I don't think he did the mod any damage, but at least it was seen by many that may not have been aware of its existence.

Looking forward to doing battle with all you "Star WArs" First Strike fans in the near future.

Abble PC

Comment

long time no chat Abble mate

I'll have to hit you upside the head ingame one of these days

Comment

I can't effin wait for this mod!! Everything looks good. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Great work guys. I'm definately a FS fan and can't wait until September to get in on the action. FS is teh sex!!!

Comment

Space battles look freakin' awesome, but fighter explosions look a little weak.

That AT-ST death though... that was made of bright, fiery win.

Comment

Working...
                    X