Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet the Medic and Source Film Maker Almost Done, New TF2 Map Incoming, and More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet the Medic and Source Film Maker Almost Done, New TF2 Map Incoming, and More

Recently, a member of the Steam forums (click for a good number of photographs) had a chance to visit Valve. During his trip, he managed to snap a lot of pictures, see a lot of sights, and get some tasty new information from the crew at Valve. Here's what he had to say.

Meet the Medic
    1. I have seen it and its 100% real
    2. Its about 80-90%~ done
    3. Its one of the best "Meet the" videos yet
    4. It will be released "soon"

pl_barnblitz
    1. Its on the detailing stage and will be released "soon"
    2. The images posted with the Steam screenshots press release were intentional

Source Film Maker
    1. It will be released "soon"

Robin then took me to the Portal 2 test area were I tried out some single player on the PS3 and got to see how Steam interacts with the PS3. Then to my great delight I was shown a nearly completed version of Meet the Medic. All I will say is that its really epic and was worth the time it took. For the final act of the day Robin let me go all out on Portal 2 while he pushed out the new TF2 updates. Now I have a few things to say about Portal 2. One is that you need to buy this game. Portal 2 is just mind-blowing, the story, the puzzles, everything is the best that Valve has ever made. Valve could sell this game at $100 a pop and I would still buy it, thats how good it is. And as for a demo, this game does not need one. Take it from me, Portal 2 GOTY 2011 no contest.

He also mentions that Valve is taking a good, hard look at iOS and Android development for Steam, but beyond that nothing additional was provided.
Working...
X