Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Situation Developing at Infinity Ward (UPDATE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Situation Developing at Infinity Ward (UPDATE)

UPDATE 2: Activision filed an SEC report against Infinity Ward earlier today. The report claims that two senior employees at Infinity Ward were insubordinate and were in breach of their contract. It continues to say that this "matter is expected to involve the departure of key personnel and litigation."

UPDATE: Apparently this isn't merely a publicity stunt as many (including us) initially believed. An update at the G4 page shows that Jason West is now the former CTO/CCO of Infinity Ward. His new status reflected in both his LinkedIn profile and a status update on Facebook.

Original: Allegedly, there is a bit of a situation going on at Infinity Ward right now. G4 has some news about a developing story regarding some "non-uniformed bouncers" showing up at the IW offices, and two studio heads from Infinity Ward having gone "missing."

A source close to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 developer just informed me that a "bunch of bouncer-types" just showed up outside of the Infinity Ward offices unannounced. When approached by employees, the non-uniformed "bouncers" were unwilling to disclose why they were there.

"Everyone is on edge," said my source.

Infinity Ward studio heads Vince Zampella and Jason West reportedly met with Activision this morning and have not been seen by Infinity Ward staff members since. My source did not delve into specifics, but described the relationship between Infinity Ward and Activision lately as "tense."

The mood around the Infinity Ward offices is currently described as "freaked out" and "confused."

"We just wanna make our games," said my source.

We'll have more details as they're revealed.
Working...
X