Hands-on With MAG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands-on With MAG

More MAG (Massive Action Game) impressions are starting to roll in. This time G4 managed to get into the battle and they came away with some rather positive impressions of the title.
    I got to check out some of these advanced features and leadership abilities for myself, and using them works as well as anyone with experience in SOCOM's single-player modes would expect: You can issue commands on the fly with the d-pad, or take a more big-picture approach by using the tactical map, a simplified, 3D, overhead view of the entire battlefield, showing the location of every friendly unit and any enemies that have been revealed by line-of-sight or other recon.

The really shocking thing is that the game runs as smoothly as it does. In the 256-player match I participated in, I noticed almost no lag or other technological issues. The environment was complex and detailed, with no visible compromises to draw distance and no noticeable slowdown even with a screen full of players. The weapons felt fast and accurate, with the exception of grenades, which are in obvious need of some tuning as they never seemed to land remotely where they should. And tactical support felt quick and powerful, making it a simple affair to take out a group of enemies with a cluster bomb.

Sony "seems confident" that the performance will hold up once the game is released later this year.
Working...
X