Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medic Achievements - Not as Difficult to Obtain?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medic Achievements - Not as Difficult to Obtain?

Could the delay for the Team Fortress 2 update come because the team was balancing out some of the more difficult to obtain achievements? From the looks of things from one man's Flickr account, that may very well be the case.

The photos, which were uploaded yesterday, show that a number of the more lofty achievements that were announced have had the fat trimmed off of them. The achievement for healing 10,000,000 points as a medic? Cut back to a mere 1,000,000 points, a far more obtainable goal for the casual player. There are other such notable changes in the lineup, including only having to punch out two enemies with an uber'ed Heavy, destroy five buildings with a demo on one uber (compared to the original eight), and more. This still might not be the final list, but let's hope that it is.

The first four shots showoff the nearly complete list of the achievements for the Medic. The second shot shows off a small behind the scenes look at Steamworks, then there are three shots of the new loadout menu for the Medic, and finally a shot of why "Valve Time" exists. I kid, I kid.

[break="view the full image gallery" type="viewnews"]

Hmmm, looks like they did tweak some of the achievements.

Holy shit how big it that TV.. does he really need one THAT big?!?

Comment

meowmeow wrote..

Hmmm, looks like they did tweak some of the achievements.

Holy shit how big it that TV.. does he really need one THAT big?!?
      It's a 50 inch Pioneer, and from my understanding, he has a bit of bad eyesight. To answer you: Yes, he does "need" it.

Comment

No wonder their games suck, they can't even play WoW! He just died!

I kid.

Is that widescreen or not? I'm debating with someone. I say it's widescreen, she says it isn't.

Comment

It's very widescreen.

Comment

Hmm I "need" that tv too!

yay they reduced the Sawbones one from 10 to 5, and fixed many of the other seemingly impossible ones too. Glad the TF2 team listens to their fanbase.

lol when i saw that guy playing wow this is the first thing i thought of:

Comment

These pictures are from our Neowindex ( Neowin.net 's meeting of a bunch of the mods/news/owners/etc), a few of us were able to tour Valves office, meet a few of the devs, and play test with the devs (which was awesome!). We are finishing up our articles and they should be up within the next day or so with more details

Comment

I am really glad they are nerfing some of these achievements. When I was first reading down the list a week or two ago, once I got about half way down, my thought after I read each one was, "Holy shit!"

Comment

Edited by [user="151473"] @ [time="1209330462"]

SkyyPunk wrote..

These pictures are from our Neowindex ( Neowin.net 's meeting of a bunch of the mods/news/owners/etc), a few of us were able to tour Valves office, meet a few of the devs, and play test with the devs (which was awesome!). We are finishing up our articles and they should be up within the next day or so with more details
                  Excellent! Glad to see there's more of a back story to where these shots came from. Be sure and let us know the moment you get the TF2 stuff up. You guys should probably hurry on that in case the release is tomorrow (unless, you guys know otherwise).

Edit - Ha, nevermind. Seems as though they're already starting to appear.

Comment

Fact nº 1:

Level 5 Syringe Gun

Level 8 Medi Gun

Level 10 Bone Saw

Fact nº2:

Gabe playing WoW

Everything makes sense now...

Comment

Gabe plays an undead (what looks like) priest!! Wonder what server he is on? XD

Comment

Working...
                      X