This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS-Nation Changes Its Focus

Effective today, CS-Nation is changing its focus up a bit. For years we've covered Counter-Strike related news, and eventually moved into covering the realm of all Valve titles and games appearing on Steam. Let's face it, there hasn't been a Counter-Strike update in over a year now. As part of a way to keep the news posting active here, we're going to broaden our focus.

This is not to say that we will no longer have coverage for Counter-Strike or Valve titles any more, we're just branching out into a larger realm. We're going to take a look now at the FPS genre as a whole, including console FPS titles. We'll just continue doing what we're doing now, bringing you the interesting news pieces and trying to ignore the boring crap.

You can still filter out the news that you do and do not want to see when you visit our site by going to your user preferences and untick those boxes for the items you do not want to view. If you'd like to help out with seeing the news that you want to see, then I urge you all to use the news submission feature. Because otherwise, you're going to see the news that I want to see, and you don't want that, no sir.

In case you're worried, we will post any and all Counter-Strike news as it comes across. Our site name will not change, only the depth of news we'll be posting for you. We hope you enjoy the changes!

Good call. Long live CSN

Comment

Bravo! Long Live CSN! i'h been looking here for cs news since BB and its been a regular routine even without the actual cs related news.. i guess i'll just get more out of it now :P

Comment

Well done, still the best (and fastest) "Valve related" news site out there.

Comment

yeah good cal, CS nation rocks.

Sad to say, but CS is getting old.

When you play a game like COD4 (in a Lan) and come back the age really shows...

Comment

There are plenty sites I regularly visit for info on FPS games, so I'm not sure what to make of this change in focus. Seems like you may be entering into a pretty crowded market of game sites.

One thing is for sure though - when it comes to Steam/Half-Life/Valve news, you definitely kick the most ass. And as long as that doesn't change, I for one won't be going anywhere.

-Cril

Comment

I'd prefer you skip the console stuff, since consoles are kinda for noobs, but whatever. :-)

Comment

Same mistake the CPL made. CSNation. No other better game; second to none.

The focus is straight though and understandable. <3Csnation4ever.

Comment

Personally I think you should stick to FPS games on Steam. There's still a lot to cover there that hasn't been covered yet. By going too broad you may lose your core audience.

Comment

ZEROarmy wrote..

I'd prefer you skip the console stuff, since consoles are kinda for noobs, but whatever. :-)
                    If you really want, you can just filter out the console stuff.

And we would stick with only CS related news... if there was ever any CS news to post. If we did that, this site would've been dead possibly years ago.

Comment

Keep up the good work Zips. Now a rename to FPS-Nation?

Comment

StealthMonkey wrote..

Keep up the good work Zips. Now a rename to FPS-Nation?
                        A rename was discussed and then quickly dismissed.

Comment

I cleared everyone's news preferences since the categories have shuffled. You'll have to reconfigure your settings!

Comment

Rizzuh siting!

Meh, now I have to reconfigure my settings. Ugh. Oh well.

As long as the settings are in place, the name stays CS-Nation, and you still offer the best source for information about CS/Steam/Valve, I could really care less. I'll probably filter out the other stuff though, since it doesn't appeal.

Comment

ZEROarmy wrote..

Console gaming generates more money both in public sales and in pro gaming than PC gaming does. You can shout noob all you want, but PC gaming has been steadily dying over the last few years while console gaming has risen hugely.

Comment

Working...
                              X