This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kotaku's Impressions of PS3 Orange Box

Kotaku has its first impressions of the PS3 version of the Orange Box. So far it seems favorable, but there are a few problems.
    I decided to check out what was being billed as the main offender - "Half-Life 2: Episode Two. Within the first few minutes, my fears were confirmed. Right off the bat, Episode Two started to chug.

But that was it. After that first scene, featuring our silent protagonist moving through a train car derailed in the wilderness, it was smooth sailing. Walking from out of doors to a nearby cave, the frame rate held. Then, within the first ten minutes of the episode, bizarre texture popping or some such graphical glitch was affecting sidekick Alyx Vance's leather jacket. Something else already? Ugh. But, this too, quickly subsided, and was never seen again.
    There are a few other instances of graphical errors being pointed out, but nothing major. Perhaps it'll be cleaned up by time the game is released, but who knows. It seems to me that PS3 ports of games are having trouble all around - but maybe it's just me seeing that.
Working...
X