This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achievements Confirmed for Portal and Episode 2

360 owners won't be the only ones racking up the achievements with the Orange Box hits on the 10th. Half-Life2.net has confirmed with Valve's Robin Walker that the PC versions of Portal and Episode 2 will feature achievements, just as Team Fortress 2 presently does.
    ...Not only will you get notifications when you fulfill an achievement, but you'll also get a notification when you progress significantly towards fulfilling one.

And yes, Episode Two & Portal have achievements as well.
    Valve is hopping on the achievement train in a big way. I am a fan of the 360 achievement system, so this comes as a very welcome addition from Valve.

i hope they increase the #of achievements in tf2 for the final release

Comment

Do you get anything for these achievements, or is it just an indicator of what you've done and how you play?

If it's the former, then I'd be spending time trying to 'get them all'...if it's the latter, then I wouldn't.

Comment

A pat on the back.

Comment

Comment

I fucking love numbers

Comment

I assume it's like those medals in BF2, you don't get anything more then bragging rights. Which is cool just not all that exciting. It makes your stats a little more interesting to look at though.

Comment

Fuck Yeah!

Valve working in good things.

Finally this will be better than Xbox Live!

Comment

Working...
                X