This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortress Forever Released

Update: We now have a local Nationalist only mirror. See below.

Well now, hot on the heels of my news of the Windows DS being released, comes the news that the Fortress Forever client has been released!It looks like some of us will get our Team Fortress Source-esque fix before Monday after all.

proper mirrors please

Comment

FLeK0 wrote..

proper mirrors please
      I'll have a Nationalist mirror up shortly.

Comment

Zips wrote..

thanks

Comment

Grabbing the torrent. Fileplanet sucks.

Comment

here's hoping it survives the release of TF2

Comment

DevgruSeal H.E wrote..

Grabbing the torrent. Fileplanet sucks.
              once you get past the wait fileplanet is a way faster download. best idea is to que both them up and see. almost done here. thanks for the update cs-nation and see you suckers on the servers, i will be the one stabbing you in the back and spamming your spawn.

Comment

Zips wrote..

remember what happened last time you tried to host a huge file on CSN?

Comment

omgomgz wrote..

remember what happened last time you tried to host a huge file on CSN?
                  We've hosted quite a few large files here, what in particular are you referencing?

This one is going to stay a Nat only for a while given how new it is.

Comment

Zips wrote..

We've hosted quite a few large files here, what in particular are you referencing?

This one is going to stay a Nat only for a while given how new it is.
                    Insurgency Mod is the most recent that collapsed CSN for a little bit.

Comment

omgomgz wrote..

Insurgency Mod is the most recent that collapsed CSN for a little bit.
                      Yeah, I had made the mistake of making that public a bit too early for non-Nat's.

Comment

Eh, i can't even connect to any server and if i try to make my own it loads a credits map with names all over the walls.

Not the best start.

Comment

Zom-B wrote..

Eh, i can't even connect to any server and if i try to make my own it loads a credits map with names all over the walls.

Not the best start.
                          The credits map is only 2fort I believe, I guess it's a placeholder for their own 2fort which will be released later. But I can connect to other servers and my own pretty easy.

Overall I like it. It seems like it's just a source engine port, but the models and maps are way different. Better than I expected.

Comment

I just gave Cornfield a quick spin as sniper. Ping was fine, but it seemed like I didn't hit much. It often didn't seem like I was hitting anything either, the visual indicators were quite lacking.

And the cornfield itself in the map made even my computer cry, but to be fair I was running at 16xAA, 16xAF and possibly using Supersampling which I was unaware of.

Comment

FF is pretty fun, and it definitely has the TFC feel. But once TF2 comes out, I think I'll never play it again.

Comment

Working...
                              X