This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayAsYouPlay Server Rentals

A new service, going by the name of PayAsYouPlay.org, lets you pay for only the time you want to spend playing. Pay as you play. Get it?
    The service currently supports Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Source, but other games, including the Call of Duty series and the Battlefield series, are coming very soon. Some examples of current prices are $0.49/hour for a 10-player server, and $1.06/hour for a 32-player server. The servers themselves are currently in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US; others locations (both in the US and overseas) are planned.
    For more details and information on how to get started with your own server rentals, visit the PayAsYouPlay.org website today.

Holy shit! this is useful!

Comment

Hmm, depends on how difficult it is to set up.

If I could set up a server how I like it, I might buy like 3-5 hours of a server, and play against bots until people show up. That's about how much I play in a day, and I play like every couple of weeks.

If, however, it took 3-5 hours to set it up...then no.

Comment

Hi there. I'm the admin at PayAsYouPlay.org. The server setup is actually all automated so it normally takes somewhere between 1 and 8 minutes for the server to be ready from the moment you press the button to start it up.

Configuring the server is just a matter of filling out a form and creating an account is super-easy, so I should think you could be up and running within 10 minutes of first visiting the site if you were in a hurry. :-)

Comment

JJC1138 wrote..

Hi there. I'm the admin at PayAsYouPlay.org. The server setup is actually all automated so it normally takes somewhere between 1 and 8 minutes for the server to be ready from the moment you press the button to start it up.

Configuring the server is just a matter of filling out a form and creating an account is super-easy, so I should think you could be up and running within 10 minutes of first visiting the site if you were in a hurry. :-)
          Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Ah, that's cool, you can configure a server /before/ you start paying for it, that's awesome. I'll take a look at it next week if I'm in a CS mood.

Comment

Working...
            X