This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Bioshock Until We See Orange

Gabe Newell is a man on fire around the Valve offices. He laid down the law when it comes to Valve staff members playing BioShock.
    "We had to ban Bioshock from our offices," Valve boss Gabe Newell told us. "Nobody gets to play it until Orange Box is done - that's our reward to ourselves as a company; everyone gets a copy of Bioshock."
    That would really be something if the Orange Box is delayed due to "excessive BioShock playing."

What a hardass.

Comment

Haha.

Now they have some inspiration to get that thing shipped :}

Comment

This implies that they frequently spend time playing other games instead of working as well, before they had Bioshock. What an excellent work ethic.

Play games when you're HOME or on BREAK. Playing games 'on the clock'... That's just sad.

Unless, of course, it's the game you're working on and you're testing it. That's different. You're not really 'playing' it then, not for fun anyway.

Comment

The game only is like 20 hours long. It wouldn't set the game back by much.

Comment

Man I'd love for Gabe to come over and lay the law down on my ass.

Comment

Thortok2000 wrote..

This implies that they frequently spend time playing other games instead of working as well, before they had Bioshock. What an excellent work ethic.

Play games when you're HOME or on BREAK. Playing games 'on the clock'... That's just sad.

Unless, of course, it's the game you're working on and you're testing it. That's different. You're not really 'playing' it then, not for fun anyway.
              Have to test every game to completion if it's on Steam.

... At least that's what I think is the most often hear phrase there if something else isn't done on time.

Comment

Is it me, or does the current POTD look like it was taken with hacks?

Maybe it's just a noobish AMX/AMXX mod.

Comment

At least everyone gets a copy of Bioshock when Orange Box releases.

Comment

Comment

Gabe for President

Comment

They dont have to test shit....steam lets them get away with that

Comment

Bioshock's too damn short (and really not all that amazing once you get past the intial shock of the wtf water-fire) to make an impact on this. Gabe needs to chill, they'll all get bored of it within a week just like everyone else.

Comment

Maybe...It's a marketing stunt!

"I heard Bioshock was banned from being played in-office until The Orange Box ships."

"Maan, must be a good game for their employees to play during work hours."

"Yeah. 's get a copy."

...Just a theory...

Comment

Working...
                            X