This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Xbox Does Orange

Another preview is now up for the major contents of the Orange Box, this time courtesy of Team Xbox. Yes, Portal, Team Fortress 2, and Episode 2 all underwent the hands-on treatment from Team Xbox.

As if that wasn't enough, Portal team member, Kim Swift sat down with the crew to discuss the finer points of Portal.
    I know it’s probably too early to talk about, but is there any talk of downloadable content, new maps and things like that, or user-created maps and that sort of stuff?

Kim Swift:
    I know that we want to support user-created maps on our PC versions, but as far as our Xbox 360, downloadable content is sort of up to Microsoft, isn’t it?

Doug Lombardi: There’s our existing SDK that people will be able to use for PC stuff for people to build maps and mods in general off of Portal and beyond new maps and stuff like that. Jeep’s also building some stuff into the game itself to sort of allow people to quickly make new challenges that sort of use existing art and just basically set up the geometry and place the different pieces in places.
    CS-Nation will have our own hands-on with the Orange Box. Look for that in about three months time, give or take.

congrats on landing the orange box review, i'm looking forward to it

Comment

brains wrote..

congrats on landing the orange box review, i'm looking forward to it
      I'd like to second that.

-Cril

Comment

Roughly three months time from now is right around October 9th...

Comment

Zips wrote..

Roughly three months time from now is right around October 9th...
          It almost sounds cliche at this point, but I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

omgomgz wrote..

It almost sounds cliche at this point, but I wouldn't count on it.
            Zips wrote..

give or take

Comment

Give or what?

Comment

Working...
              X