This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Sports Loves Counter-Strike

A UK sports channel, Sky Sports Extra, has just acquired the rights to televise Counter-Strike tournaments.
    As we understand it Sky has purchased the broadcasting rights from Valve Software for Counter-Strike in the UK and the firm intends run regular TV shows around organized competitions for screening on Sky Sports Extra.
    There are no additional details at this moment. I have no real idea if this contract applies to CS1.6, CS: Source, or both. We'll pass along further details as they emerge.

i wonder what this and the CGS show are gonna be like. i hope they get annoucers as good as the ones that do starcraft in korea cus those guys always sound super excited

Comment

I have no real idea if this contract applies to CS1.6, CS: Source
      Valve does not allow 1.6 to be shown on tv, and sky is already a partner of CGS, and they do source tournaments.
      milly9 wrote..

i wonder what this and the CGS show are gonna be like. i hope they get annoucers as good as the ones that do starcraft in korea cus those guys always sound super excited
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEjuKNyaPPE

Comment

wow, that video was interesting. most of it was extremely corny and terrible. the announcer didn't really say anything useful, but at least he didn't stutter and mispronounce shit and make tons of mistakes like some online announcers i've heard

so, better than i expected (just the announcer) but still awful!

Comment

Working...
        X