X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source Update Released

Yes, I'm still alive...

The Source update that was mentioned a couple of weeks ago regarding the well-awaited voice quality upgrade and the new text chat system has been released. As a matter of fact, I just finished playing since this update and I must say, the voice quality is indeed sexy. Here's what our friend Jason over at Valve had to say:
    • Improved multiplayer voice communication, now using a much clearer

codec

• First release of a completely reworked in game text chat to which now

includes a chat history and a filter to only see important chat messages

• Fixed not being able to use sounds, decals or models if they were

downloaded from the server
    So go check it out and post your comments!

Update: Rejoice Linux users -
    A fix for the problem has been released, if you run your server with "-autoupdate" on the command line it will automatically be applied. Otherwise run the hldsupdatetool to get the update.

Sounds like an OK update for once.

At first I was thinking it was undoing "cl_downloadfilter 'nosounds'" with the "Fixed not being able to use sounds.." but I read it again, and sounds like a bug fix.

Comment

Finally, the 8 year olds will sound like 8 year olds and not like 9 year olds!

Comment

this release causes linux servers to segfault, hopefully a fix will be released soon

Comment

truly this day belongs to mumbly css players everywhere

Comment

brains wrote..

this release causes linux servers to segfault, hopefully a fix will be released soon
            It is in the works:
            Thanks to everyone that replied, I have found myself a server to debug this on and I am hot on the heels of the problem. -Alfred Reynolds
            It wasn't reproducible on their machines, hence why there was an issue to begin with.

Comment

Edited by [user="311268"] @ [time="1173757941"]

I'm sure the overly stretched scoreboard is a bug too. I keep getting a red error message in my console that says "Resize parent (panel(Background) -> parent(CViewC4Panel)) not sized yet!!!"

I'm indifferent to the chat system (don't need a log nor filters), but the voice quality kicks ass. It sounds crystal clear now!

Comment

Meh, I have voice_enable set to 0 simply because I got tired of hearing 8 year olds scream, or immature admins yelling at me because I didn't go rushing into the bombsite to defuse.

Comment

Rebirth of Voicewav?

You know it's coming..

[dramatic music]

Actually maybe it will be more enjoyable if the voicewav sounds a lot better.

Edit: Actually, does Voicewav (or some other script) even work on Source? I assume so, but don't really play Source anyway.

Comment

What are "important chat messages"?

Comment

Edited by [user="353279"] @ [time="1173763568"]

FLeK0 wrote..

How about 'imma amx_slap you if u dun stop campin, noobz' ?

Wait, wrong version.

Possibly the wrong context. How about 'every1 on Ts rush long AAAA k?' ?

Still don't see the importance, myself. I also fail to see the importance in logging such events. Wasted kilobytes, in my opinion.
                      I'm sure the overly stretched scoreboard is a bug too. I keep getting a red error message in my console that says "Resize parent (panel(Background) -> parent(CViewC4Panel)) not sized yet!!!"
                      I just loaded it up to try out the new voice codec and see this new chat system, and it looks like the scoreboard is being prepared for..oh man..ads, perhaps?

Comment

FLeK0 wrote..

press F10 to read important chat messages!

Comment

Also just noticed a bug. If you press ESC while changing Filters, the filter window stays open, while the chat disappears.

Edit: Make that just entering your message, since you can't press ESC to easily exit whilst in the Filter screen. Which sucks even worse.

Comment

The voices seem to be hit or miss. Some sound good, some sound really crackely.

Comment

kerosine99 wrote..

The voices seem to be hit or miss. Some sound good, some sound really crackely.
                              now that we've gotten past the hurdle of codec quality, the quality (or lackthereof) of player's microphones is going to become much more noticable.

Comment

Working...
                              X