This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1up's The Crossing Preview and new video

1up.com has a brand spankin' new interview and preview of the Arkane Studios Crossplayer creation, The Crossing.
    GFW: In terms of story, without spoiling things, to what extent can you explain that setup and how the cross-play starts happening?

VC:
    Perhaps you've seen the movie The Others with Nicole Kidman, which is about a haunted house and ghosts. The ghosts and humans are both invisible to each other. They coexist in the same space. At one point, the ghosts become more visible to the humans and vice versa, and everybody's a ghost from the perspective of the other person. So at one point, they collide. The worlds start becoming more apparent. There are strange artifacts and events. Unexplained accidents, phenomena — and ultimately, one of them will have to shut down to restore normality. So it's two dimensions that start conflicting in the same space.
    There's a whole lot contained in the four page interview, including what Arkane has learned from their time spent on Dark Messiah's combat system, to the creation of an alternate reality version of France.

To those looking for something a little less textually based, there is also a new trailer up courtesy of GameVideos.

That interview is actually a lot better at explaining what's going on than Shawn Elliot's piece in GFW.

I'm not so much a fan of their gothic themed alternate Paris though.

Comment

Hi my name is Red, and I'll be signing Bohemian Rapsody by Queen.

Comment

Comment

sounds like an intresting game but are 2 things that worry me

1. lag from other players, or people entering

2. Being pwnd by LEETS, campers and cheats

they seem like they would ruin the experiance.

also my best guess is that most people would be playing their own version of the game before jumping into others so at first you'll probably end up with alot of AI's only.

Comment

I don't really get it, anyone want to explain it easier?

Comment

You guys wanna check out Rainbow Six Vegas

Comment

Darkhorse wrote..

You guys wanna check out Rainbow Six Vegas
                I heard you can gamble away your guns and equip away at the roulette table. Boy the boss sure will be mad when he hears about Richard losing his vest and rifle!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X