This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSPromod Map Pack Released

The CSPromod map pack was released a few days back, but some news is better late than never.
    We have managed to incorporate MOST aspects of the 1.6 maps into the CSP versions. However, there were some limitations because of the way CS:Source is coded, and there are certain things we were not able to incorporate without the actual CSP mod (which has obviously not yet been released).
    The maps include CSP versions of Dust2, Inferno, Nuke, and Train. You can find download mirrors from GotFrag and Divo Networks. For reasons I do not understand, the CSP team does not want other sites to take their own screenshots of the maps, but ask that we use theirs. So without further ado, here are two sample screenshots taken by the CSP crew.

Yes, this is the Source engine.

The textures need someone good at textures, I don't know what the hell aTam was doing when he plastered those textures all over the maps but he must of been on crack..

And the place in which you can drop a weapon or other entity clear out of the map on dust2 is always good..

Comment

man these maps look just like 1.6..... It looks bad. I mean theres no point in playing source if your just making it like 1.6. If you wanna play something like 1.6, why dont you just play it...

Comment

I don't get it either. If you're gonna skin nigh on everything to look like 1.6, why not just play 1.6?

Comment

I think playing competitively requires maps that are going to be somewhat even and have a simple design. When Valve converted maps to Source it seemed like they were just kind of showing off the engine rather than thinking of gameplay.

I think train looks pretty fun.

Comment

videege wrote..

I don't get it either. If you're gonna skin nigh on everything to look like 1.6, why not just play 1.6?
            Because valve does no longer allow cs1.6 to be broadcasted on television, so all the US 'pro' teams are moving over to source, along with many of their fans. And we do not want to play on the butchered valve maps, so this is the first step to create something playable both frames/sec and gameplay-wise on the source platform.

Comment

omgomgz wrote..

When Valve converted maps to Source it seemed like they were just kind of showing off the engine rather than thinking of gameplay.

I think train looks pretty fun.
              You could argue that inferno suffered that fate on source. However I'd say the source versions of d2, nuke and train, for example, are all excellent for gameply.

Comment

CS was made by freelance programmers. People who wanted to make the game for playings sake. VALVe seems to disagree. They are attempting to markeyt something that people do not want to make a profit. This mod puts the gameplay back in the players hands and makes VALVe happy at the same time because their product still has to be purchased. I think this is a great concept that will reshape the game back into what it was before steam, while maintaining its advantages.

Comment

Omicr0n wrote..

CS was made by freelance programmers. People who wanted to make the game for playings sake. VALVe seems to disagree. They are attempting to markeyt something that people do not want to make a profit. This mod puts the gameplay back in the players hands and makes VALVe happy at the same time because their product still has to be purchased. I think this is a great concept that will reshape the game back into what it was before steam, while maintaining its advantages.
                  Except that those who created CS to begin with are working for Valve now, and I'm pretty sure they had a say in the creation of Source. There have been a few interviews with Cliffe wherein he discusses CSS, namely the one where there is a quick overview of Italy.

So to say, Valve did this, and Valve did that and the original intent was lost is just a load. If the original designers didn't want things this way I'm sure things would be different. But as they are this way, they must have agreed to them or designed them as such at some point.

FLeK0 wrote..

Because valve does no longer allow cs1.6 to be broadcasted on television, so all the US 'pro' teams are moving over to source, along with many of their fans. And we do not want to play on the butchered valve maps, so this is the first step to create something playable both frames/sec and gameplay-wise on the source platform.
                  Butchered? Sorry, but when did they become "butchered" by any stretch of the imagination? Line of sights are altered now? A few things of debris on the ground too much? What is it?

I don't see how playing in maps that are 1.6 maps almost exactly make any difference. Even if it isn't televised, 1.6 is still a huge option. If broadcast is really all that matters, is this then more of a question of vanity?

Comment

1) Those maps look like junk.

2) From the screenshot of those wooden beams on catwalk / A short, they clearly paid no attention at all to gameplay design to nerf the few grenades that allow a T side to dominate A short.

Comment

What they did in these maps was make it so characters stand out from their surrounding just as much as in source (and of course, snapped the maps back onto the 1.6 setups). They did a pretty good job with this, and actually went just a tad bit too far from what I can see with the train map.

I am really looking forward to this mod, and hopefully they'll do the weapons right, bullet sparks, walling, etc.

But really, I want promod so I can have 1.6 gameplay on the source maps, not the special made pro mod maps.

Comment

Well dust2 is amazing, you don't have to aim with the deagle anymore since they removed the uneven terrain in the maps.

Comment

Sorry, but these maps look ugly to me. If you want to play on ugly maps, at least have the balls to make your own ugly maps from scratch instead of stomping on someone else's work. The fantastic detail that CS:S provides just makes these maps look even worse than their 1.6 counterparts when you combine their crappy modeling with the CS:S textures and lighting.

In summary: No, thanks. Keep your ugly maps off my hard drive until you create them from scratch on your own.

--Scanner

Comment

wow... and the award for biggest waste of time in 06/07 goes to...

Comment

Scanner wrote..

Sorry, but these maps look ugly to me.

--Scanner
                              You obviously have no idea what this mod is about.

Comment

Working...
                              X