Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mofio zips loves DWP and everything about source dunno about the other admins though.

Comment

I love DWP too. Why? Cuz Deagle is almost notbuyable

But, i don't like that they split up the community into more fractions.

We have, CS, CZ, CSS, CSS.DWP...can we now get CSS.Bugfree?

Comment

3 steps to make the world better:

¤ remove css from steam, give them CoD2 for free in return

¤ remove cs1.6/cz from steam, make a 1.6 port for the source engine, give it to us for free and leave us alone, no updates. DO NOT allow this game to be added on ex-cs:source players accounts.

¤ finally someone make a better game than cs

Comment

.Sn0w. wrote..

mofio zips loves DWP and everything about source dunno about the other admins though.
          I don't mind DWP. I really don't mind any changes. Why? Because I'm not really a die-hard fanatic that can't adjust to change. I'm not in some league. I play for fun.

That's besides the point.

As for CS-Nation trying to push Valve to make changes? There's no way we can do that. There's a much larger outcry on the actual Steam forums than there is here most times.

Comment

FLeK0 wrote..

3 steps to make the world better:

¤ remove css from steam, give them CoD2 for free in return

¤ remove cs1.6/cz from steam, make a 1.6 port for the source engine, give it to us for free and leave us alone, no updates. DO NOT allow this game to be added on ex-cs:source players accounts.

¤ finally someone make a better game than cs
            And then we have highbornes like you who think they are so much better because they continue to play 1.6. I'm a source player, and have played the Counter-Strike series for 7 years and 2 months now. People like you need to learn to adjust already.

Comment

I'm with Dark-Angel on this one..I really don't think CS:Source is just a graphical upgrade. There are a lot of core functions that are a lot different as well.

You have the recoil/accuracy, that is WAY different from 1.6. There's also physics (Not just the props, ffs), in that grenades act differently than in 1.6.

I just think that instead of working on new features, they need the fix the current ones. IMO, there's not much else that can be added (Without a huge re-work, for example CS2), so just FIX the current bugs, and don't add new crap, that will be JUST AS buggy..=D

Comment

How to refresh CSS? The biggest factor would be some more *essential* maps. I'm sick of rerunning D2, Aztec, Italy and Office all the time. I know that making a killer map is a hard job, and even 1.6 failed towards the end in creating maps that everyone loved (de_torn anyone?) But having maps like D2, Aztec, Inferno etc first time round really drew people back into the game.

I know the dynamic between 1.6 and source is different, but personally I like it. I got sick of being shot through every box/door/wall/etc on 1.6 and it's much different on source. But I also understand why people like the simpler dynamic on 1.6. It seems 1.6 is being left alone right now, which is only fair. But coming up with minor "adjustments" for source expecting it to keep the game popular simply isn't working.

On the subject of source players, I know many more people who are new to the CS franchise with source than I do ex 1.6 players like myself. Giving them the refreshment of a new map once in a while would do a lot to keep them going, it worked for 1.6 and it's predecessors.

Plus don't forget that CSS isn't WOW or BF2142; it doesn't need the ongoing weapon pricing/skills sets of those games. DWP is an interesting diversion, like the WC3 mods for CS were. But trying to capture some of the crowd of WOW/2142 players is missing the point of CS. Keeping it simple will keep CS the instant gameplay success it's always been.

Comment

Edited by [user="55177"] @ [time="1163783381"]

Zips wrote..

As for CS-Nation trying to push Valve to make changes? There's no way we can do that. There's a much larger outcry on the actual Steam forums than there is here most times.
                  I think you misread what mofio wrote, he is not asking CS-Nation to push Valve to make changes, but merely to push Valve to say something about the current state of affairs. As in an interview, or some off the record talk. He is not asking you to be a lobbyist, but to be a journalist creating content, rather than simply providing another frustration venting thread.

Let me quote what he said (emphasize is mine):
                  mofio wrote..

Instead of doing a thread about what we think u should concentrate on getting Valve to say what they think and why they dont fix the bugs...do they need more money or they don't care or whats wrong with them?
                  They could at least acknowledge that DWP could have used some more testing and tweaking, say what they think about the gameplay changes it's causing (thinking first round sub-machine guns here), are they ready to keep such gameplay changes or are they considering some more tweaking, do they plan to compensate the Ts for their cheaper glock than the CT's USP (by making people buy their handgun now ?)...

Will they ever update the page explaining how DWP works (currently stating two different explanation in two diferent paragraphs)

In short, just give proper explanation and headings (outlook ?) about a great but as-of-yet unpolished gameplay change (my opinion here).

Because I'm beginning to seriously consider the rushed release was just to create a distraction to keep whiners busy while they stealthily delayed TF2 and the like.

Comment

Zips wrote..

I'm not in some league. I play for fun.
                    Elitist's FTL IMO. I don't play in leagues anymore but that doesn't make me better than those that do(implied). And I had fun when I was in CAL and TWL personally.

That being said, I like CS:S over 1.6. I've played CS since right before 1.4 hit and the second CS:S hit the shelves I stopped playing 1.6 and haven't looked back. It's going to be a matter of opinion and in many cases (I believe) it comes down to the individuals computer system. Many of the folks that I personally know hate CS:S when compared to 1.6 but it's only because CS:S on their computers looks just like 1.6.

In the end I think Valve will continue to do whatever they want like they always have. Since I've been playing CS there has been a huge uproar from the community every single time Valve changed something, I don't recall them bowing to pressure and changing things back all that often.

Comment

le gritche wrote..

I think you misread what mofio wrote, he is not asking CS-Nation to push Valve to make changes, but merely to push Valve to say something about the current state of affairs. As in an interview, or some off the record talk. He is not asking you to be a lobbyist, but to be a journalist creating content, rather than simply providing another frustration venting thread.
                      It's not as easy as everyone thinks to get answers from Valve. I've tried for two seperate interviews in the past. One on VAC that went unanswered due to the nature of the questions, and one general interview that also went un-answered.

There is something else (hopefully) in the works that I'll hopefully get back soon from Doug Lombardi.
                      kovah wrote..

Elitist's FTL IMO. I don't play in leagues anymore but that doesn't make me better than those that do(implied). And I had fun when I was in CAL and TWL personally.
                      By saying that I play for fun, you pick that up as I'm saying I'm better than someone who plays in a league? Read again. By saying that I "play for fun" I'm saying I play at my leisure. When I want to, under the terms that I feel like.

Comment

"I'm not in some league. I play for fun."

That's what I read and I'm sorry if you don't see it Zips but it IMPLIES that someone who plays in Leagues does not find the game fun. You could've left the first part out and just said "I play for fun."

Maybe I'm the only one who took it that way, wouldn't be the first time.

Comment

Thanx le gritche!

I dont want CS Nation to push 4 a change but id like if they could get som comment so the community doesn't have to speculate all of it self and not to start splitting up even more.

Nowdays they dont even upgrade the game anymore as often as it should. So therefore i wonder if they dont see any profit in this or what is the problem.

It doesnt have to be a interview..just a coment about the communitys feelings.

Perhaps u should make a petition on this...the Steamforums good but u could make it better. Or why have CS Nation if everything can be said over Steamforum? Common..have better confidence and start pressing them

Comment

Alright, I'm keeping this fairly straight and simple.

Counter-Strike: Source was never EVER meant to be a straight port of Counter-Strike to the Source Engine (like HL: Source). It is a game that has ALWAYS (by Valve) been intended on being unique while retaining some properties of it's predecessor.

Counter-Strike: Source IS A DIFFERENT GAME - Sorry to you naysayers about the name and crap like that, but it's true.

The dynamic pricing while, yes, flawed is something the game has needed, it forces the players to take into consideration the lesser used weapons, as well as forcing them to modify their strategies. In pubs it also requires actual teamwork to win when using these weapons, and it also forces (in objective maps) players to go for their objectives as their best method of winning.

The radar is another good change.

Along with MikeJ, I miss the hayday where a server would go through a full rotation and not be playing Dust2, then Office, then Dust2, then Office, then Dust2.

If you want to play CS 1.6 for Source, play CS Pro Mod!

Comment

Add func_vehicle and all problems are solved.

But really, why not spend time adding more maps and maybe new guns? The galil and famas were the best thing they added to the game. Ya know fun stuff that people will enjoy instead of weird stuff that nobody cares about.

Comment

i cant understand why people have a problem with DWP, its designed for pub servers, pubservers can turn it off if they want, if you go on a server regular and they turn it on, ask tehm to turn it off, stop fckin whining about it

the only problem i have with the new cvar is that it stops servers changing the rates of people, seriouslly if your internet connection cant support 20k/100/100 or higher fo playin cs, so people now can join a server with 9999/20/20 and not get there rates auto-changed to good ones, so bullets just fly thru them

Comment

Working...
                                X