This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychonauts Now Available on Steam

Previously announced as "coming soon", the critically acclaimed game, Psychonauts, is now available on Steam.
    Psychonauts is Double Fine Productions' critically acclaimed, mind-bending comedic action / adventure about a young circus performer's desperate quest to save a summer camp for psychics from a mysterious, brain-stealing lunatic. Created by industry veteran Tim Schafer, designer of classic games such as Full Throttle and Grim Fandango, Psychonauts has received numerous awards, including game of the year from Eurogamer and, last week, the prestigious BAFTA.

"So for the press release. uh. man, it's tough because every single 'steam' related play on words has already been done," said Schafer. "Double Fine and Valve: With a love this hot, you know there's gotta be STEAM! How about that?"

Not content to simply craft a stunning play on words about Valve's full-featured broadband platform for the delivery and management of games, Schafer ordered award-winning cartoonist and Psychonauts art director Scott Campbell to create a special comic commemorating the warm digital relationship between Double Fine and Valve. The impressive result is available here:

http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/pr...eFine1000.jpg
    The quote is a little longer than I'd like to normally have for a news piece, but it was worth it. Psychonauts is only $19.99 if you buy on Steam, which you can if you so choose to. Really, it's all up to you.

The last time I played this game I absolutely loved it.

Comment

Last time I read the eurogamer review I hated eurogamer unfairly for a while. It's unfair to hate them for such a shitty review, because their reviews are in a style where they can be better than other reviews or absolutely terrible. http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59738

If anyone is wondering, for 20 bucks it is worth picking up, I enjoyed it on the xbox. It's an average at best platformer with poor pacing for the first half of the game but the inventiveness of the level design is amazing in the second half of the game. If you buy this, stick it out to the milkman conspiracy level at the very least before you decide if you want to keep going. The art design is awesome. The humor is there, but don't go in expecting Grim Fandango. None of the dialogue is actually bad though. If you liked Snakes on a Plane and Cardboard Tube Samurai then you're probably more willing to be forgiving of shit than I am. Just tossing that out there.

Comment

Working...
      X