This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran reportedly uses CS as a training tool

Seems some enterprising Iranians have downloaded Counter-Strike and have created special maps for it - maps designed for TERROR!!!
    The game, "Counter Strike", invites players to plant two bombs on the oil tanker to sink it and make the strait of Hormuz impassable, the Jomhouri-ye Eslami daily reported. About two-fifths of globally traded oil passes through the channel.

"In the new computer game ... the ways of shutting down the Hormuz strait through exploding a ship will be shown to the users," Jomhouri-ye Eslami quoted a statement issued by the game's state-funded producers as saying.
    I wonder how they get other Iranians to play the Counter-Terrorists. Who wants to play as the Great Satan? Read on!

Edited by [user="246117"] @ [time="1159819279"]

No wonder Irans army sucks ass, can you pick a more realistic game?

Also ammo for Jack Thompson.

ALSO OMFG ASSPENNIES.

Comment

my friend was telling about this but he said it was a completely new game they made and were just calling it counter-strike... my friend is a retard.

Comment

BS... comeon, cant they come up with something better than that?

Comment

Didn't I see an article here on CSN taking about China or Korea using it as a training tool as well?

There was pictures and everything.

Comment

Well, those Iranian soldiers are sure gonna be surprised after they find out that they really couldn't respawn after all.

Comment

But the US Army openly endorses the game America's Army. . . isn't this somewhat hypocritical? The wars of the future won't be fought on a battlefield, they'll be carried out at a LAN Party in a neutral location if this trend keeps up.

Comment

where can I get that map?

Comment

Americas Army is MADE by the army.. and alot more realistic... (and shittier to play.)

Comment

why cant valve just shut down the accounts ? its simple it sucks but at least they can control the accounts.

Comment

If Valve got paid or persuaded by the US government (like this will ever even blip on their radar) they could just put in a sneaky patch which could cause hilarious strange behaviour on this map/their servers/certain users. They can't play in offline mode forever...

Comment

.... asspennies lives!

I saw this, but really thought nothing of it. I mean "Counter Strike", c'mon. It'll never catch on.

Comment

Abusrd.

Also, cocks.

Comment

From the sound of it, they're just using the same name, but it's an entirely different game?

Comment

There are plenty of maps that need more than one bomb planted to win. And they dont have to be planted simultaniously. Who knows, maybe Iran just wants to put someone on the CAL ladder... silly America jumping to conclusions :P

Comment

Working...
                              X