This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Majesco Games Coming to Steam

Advent Rising, BloodRayne, Psychonauts... These games and more are now headed to the content delivery platform known as Steam.
    BloodRayne 1 & 2 is an original action-horror franchise starring the super-sexy, super-lethal, supernatural heroine BloodRayne. Advent Rising is a sci-fi action game that thrusts players into an intergalactic tale punctuated by stunning visuals and a gripping storyline created in collaboration with award-winning novelist, Orson Scott Card. Psychonauts is a unique, third-person psychic odyssey from the mind of Tim Schafer that received numerous awards and accolades.

BloodRayne 2 and Advent Rising are available now via Steam for $19.99 while BloodRayne 1 is available for $9.99. Gamers who purchase any of the titles during the first two weeks of availability will receive a 10% discount. Psychonauts will be available early October.

For more information, or to download demos or video trailers of the titles, please visit http://www.steamgames.com.
    Not a bad deal at all. I'm looking forward to Psychonauts after hearing how great it was by a number of people.

wtf?

Comment

Psychonauts is extremely overrated. It's good, but there's a reason it didn't sell a trillion copies (there however is no reason as to why Grim Fandango didn't sell more copies than there are people on earth).

The problem with Psychonauts is that it would have been the best platformer ever back when Rayman 2 was the best. The world's starting with Lungfishopolis are amazing especially the milkman conspiracy and the bull one. The world's are amazing and I found myself pushing through one world at a time just so I could see the next one. If you make it to the second half of the game you'll find yourself really liking the game.

My biggest gripe with the game is the collecting shit theme, especially figments. The game would probably have been much better if I wasn't trying to get to suitcases I saw, taking several detours to grab figments, etc. I by no means tried to collect them all, but even just getting the ones you saw and the ones you'd just have to go run and grab was an annoying waste of time. You still had to grab them in order to level up, but it didn't feel like an accomplishment, it was just there to waste time. If I want to waste time I'll play an MMOG. What makes it so odd is that just before that Schafer designed Grim Fandango and made great decisions to make the adventure genre more streamlined. The puzzles made sense and you felt like you had a purpose. It's just weird to go from doing that to making a game that has incredible art design, but dated gameplay.

If it's 20 bucks like Darwinia, Defcon, Sin, or Episode 1 then go ahead and pick it up, but for more money you could definitely buy much better platformers than Psychonauts.

Comment

I actually might go for the Psychonauts there.

Comment

Personally I loved the puzzle/collection aspect of Psychonauts. If I had known it would come to Steam I would have held off and purchased it then.

Comment

I'm keeping an eye on Psychonauts.

Comment

Orson Scott Card is a wonderful author. Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow and all of their sequels are some of my favorite books of all time

Comment

Working...
              X