This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Orchestra Free Trial On Now

The aforementioned free five-day period for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 has just kicked off a little less than one hour ago. The Red Orchestra free period content can be downloadedand played effective immediately. The trial period will run until 1PM Pacific time on August 7th.

There are a few videos the Tripwire crew pieced together to help the new players get started:All support questions can be directed to the official RO support forums, the RO section at the Steam forums, or via IRC in #rohelp on GameSurge. Remember, this isn't CS. It isn't run and gun. It requires patience and a bit of thinking. Remember that going into the game and you'll avoid ending up like this poor guy. Five minutes is just not enough.

I think I'll try this out after my match tonight. Then again I might go to play it and instead end up playing DoD:S.

Comment

This game is a bit too realistic and unfriendly for an average cs/dod player like me. I like the infantry-only maps a lot, it's not as boring as some other WW games even after a few rounds. and it runs so much better than source games, while still looking good with DX9 effects.

Comment

time to beat down on some nubs

Comment

I've heard good things about this game, and being a realism nut I'm definetly going to check it out.

Comment

the realism is nifty, but I just don't think it's for me

(I don't like the unreal engine all that much)

Comment

I'm glad this free weekend came. I had been tempted by this game since it came up, but was afraid to shell out the money and then not wind up liking it. Well, I get the chance to play for free, and I don't like it. I think its the Unreal version. I'm just so used to the Half-Life/2 engines because I've been playing them almost exclusively.

Comment

As dreary and oppressive as I imagine the actual experience must have been. In other words: Not what I call fun.

Comment

I like the game, except for one thing. I understand its about realism, but there needs to be AN ICON ABOVE YOUR TEAMATES HEADS. There is so much team killing, at least make the teams different colors for fucks sake. I thought all the nazi's were dark grey, but I came to find out some russian classes are as well, so i have no goddamn idea who to shoot at unless they are shooting back. Sometimes i stand there waiting for the other guy to shoot before I do because I dont want to TK.

Comment

The team killing is most certainly not a common thing in the game. It happens occassionally on normal days. But it has increased due to the free trial period. Give it another try in a few days into the trial. It should (hopefully) have decreased by then due to people getting used to the game mechanics.

Comment

i played the game for like 10-15 min didnt like it that much

to much like the ut one which was terrible

Comment

baconman wrote..

10-15 minutes ...?

Hence the reason why I said people need to play it for a while. "Hate it at first, ended up loving it after a while."

*sigh*

Comment

baconman wrote..

it took me a week on and off to get used to the game, now its the only fps I play.

play it more before you say it sucks.

Comment

Downloading now at 445.3 KB/S. Gosh, I love VALVe.

Can't wait to give this a try. Always a fan of WWII shooters, regardless of its level of realism.

Comment

What does grenade baking mean...?

Comment

Working...
                              X