Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm not seeing a huge difference between this and the HL mod...even the character models are just minor upgrades...my suspicions seem to be becoming reality.

Comment

Thanks for the screenshots. They manage to make the game look even duller than its description and well not worth the money. Reminds me of the Titanic game from 1996 but not as pretty.

Comment

ALT+F4 wrote..

Thanks for the screenshots. They manage to make the game look even duller than its description and well not worth the money. Reminds me of the Titanic game from 1996 but not as pretty.
        It's actually a lot of fun. Harder than most other games when played online. People are far too closed minded some times. The screens really don't do the game justice. It has an art style all of its own (aside from the typical Source-engine water.

It introduces a number of additional gameplay features and advancements far beyond its HL1 mod days.

Comment

Equalizer! wrote..

Where is Rizzuh? Did he step down?
          rizzuh still owns csn but no longer has time for the daily operations and site management the site requires so Zips handles that now.

The CS community isn't really doing much anymore, mostly because there isn't much to be done. But that doesn't mean the community doesn't exists, and as long as it's around, CSN will be around. Maybe. 10th CSN anniversary here we come!

Comment

Zips wrote..

It's actually a lot of fun. Harder than most other games when played online. People are far too closed minded some times. The screens really don't do the game justice. It has an art style all of its own (aside from the typical Source-engine water.

It introduces a number of additional gameplay features and advancements far beyond its HL1 mod days.
            Don't get me wrong, I was looking forward to it -- preloaded even -- but I prefer single player storylines and AI that doesn't cheat or have ping advantage. It sounded interesting but looks pretty dull. Convince me I'm wrong ... please!

Comment

ALT+F4 wrote..

Don't get me wrong, I was looking forward to it — preloaded even — but I prefer single player storylines and AI that doesn't cheat or have ping advantage. It sounded interesting but looks pretty dull. Convince me I'm wrong ... please!
              There should be a demo/free weekend at some point. One of the devs mentioned that in a forum posting.

Also, there will be a single player story mode later this year for only $10 on Steam or $35ish in retail (retail will also include the multiplayer portion that was released today).

Comment

I preloaded this game. I will buy it too once I get a break from work and CAL. Most likely after s5 when I have downtime and most likely when the single player story mode is released.

Am i excited regarding the concept of the game? Heck yes. Am I sadened by the look of the game and the screenshots I have seen thus far? Heck yes I am. The maps and their textures are far under par than what is out there currently in other mods. Do I hope that people fall in love with The Ship, start a community, and have some talented mappers make some awesome custom maps - **** Yes. I know the mappers are out there, so if they are as disappointed in the look of the maps as I am maybe they will help out the new Ship community =)

As far as the guy above who remembers the time when CS-Nation was solely a CS news site: Just hide all the news not relating to CS or the esports scene and you will be brought back to the good old days. =) There, one of us had to say it because this was said
                They'll tell you to turn off Steam and Half-Life 2 in your news preferences.
                In all seriousness I miss that time too. But CS, although still very popular, has reached a near glass ceiling in development with the introduction of Steam and Valve having other games to focus time and energy on. Remember the days when CS didn't have any other games to compete with and was getting all the attention and focus of Valve and thus we were getting updates all the time: I do =(

Comment

Zips wrote..

Also, there will be a single player story mode later this year for only $10 on Steam or $35ish in retail (retail will also include the multiplayer portion that was released today).
                  $10 buy itself or is it some deal only if you own the multiplayer version?

see what i did there with the by csn-otf reprezent

Comment

Details are sketchy right now at best, but I'm assuming it'll be $10 no matter what. More news as it's announced though, as always.

Comment

Why does CSN act like a secondary hlfallout.net and just continually repost news from the Steam News pages? The website is about CS, not Steam!

Can we please get back onto CS news.

Thanks.

Comment

who the hell wants just CS news-- edit your filters. Tired of hearing this shit

Comment

Again..As I have said before, once there is CS news, they'll post it.

Comment

Nothing to do with filters - this site is called CSNation. Let me spell that out for you: Counter-Strike Nation. ie, regarding CS.

If you want news about Steam in general, use the valve website, or just use hlfallout.

2,3,4 years ago this site was updated almost daily with CS news, not about how "Steam is coming out soon" or about how "The Ship", which has nothing to do with CS or HL, except using the same graphics engine, is coming out soon.

If there's no CS news, it's better they don't post anything than continually post irrelevant news. Accoring to your logic, CNN or BBC should start reporting on the events taking place in the most recent episode of 24, The Simpsons, and what's been going on in the soap-operas on TV, when they run a bit dry on real news.

And I'm tired of seeing the "shit" whiners like you all over the world put on forums. If you're tired of such comments as mine then just shut up and stop moaning about it. Try adding a comment worth reading, like the poster after you did.

Comment

yeah well... go fuck yourself and quit putting so much thought into a website about counter strike

Comment

#27 thats completely out of context, and a totally irrelevant example.

Does CS exist? Who knows or cares. I stopped playing it 2 years ago, and to be honest there are much better titles available out there. While I see your opinion that this should be CS only, sad thing is that CS has absolutely little to no news worth reporting about.

Steam is still relevant to CS as it is the network upon CS is provided on. Other mod news can be useful and indeed is still relevant if it is another player on the platform which CS runs on.

You can and have had the option to filter this news out for a long time now. If you can remember back 2-4 years on CSN, well then, im sure youve figured out how to use it by now.

Comment

Working...
                                X