Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hate jungle settings in games so I can't hop on the Far Cry/Crysis bandwagon. I like exploring towns, cities, cliffs, etc. I also don't mind a bland setting for a really good action game like FEAR, but Farcry was so mindnumbingly boring to me with graphics that I didn't like just because it was a jungle setting(I also didn't like how shots weren't accurate). Watching the Crysis video it looked like good combat with 0 run speed.

I think I should say as a disclaimer that painkiller is one of my 3 favorite shooters of all time so I prefer settings that let me see as much ragdoll as possible in the least amount of time (though I liked R6, Rogue Spear, and Raven Shield).

Comment

Zips wrote..

Uh, where? The water or the sky textures? Talking about the rock/grass ones? It's really hard to make textures that don't look like HL2 ones, but I think these are still different.
      no, and mostly in the second shot. the fences are pretty much exactly the same I think, the tree on the left looks the same, and the texture on both trees is the same as HL2 trees I think. many of the floor and wall textures are the same as well, I think.

either way, doesn't look like a very fun game.

Comment

entRo wrote..

no, and mostly in the second shot. the fences are pretty much exactly the same I think, the tree on the left looks the same, and the texture on both trees is the same as HL2 trees I think. many of the floor and wall textures are the same as well, I think.

Yeah, they should've made the trees orange.

Comment

Any recycled textures seem mostly peripheral. The game's going to be set in a futuristic city and that doesn't give too much scope for recycling. Looking at the trailers and screenshots etc Sin definitely has it's own look to it. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Comment

Dangki wrote..

Yeah, they should've made the trees orange.
            exactly what I've been saying.

Comment

Edited by [user="373066"] @ [time="1145996735"]

sounds like geek overdrive to me.

Comment

mouth wrote..

Questionable pricing + Less content + Inability to easily resell your purchase = VALUE REVOLUTION
                As much as I typically am annoyed by mouth's comments, this one definitely struck a note of truth that I wouldn't argue against.
                spartianII wrote..

WHY THE HELL CANT I ADD PEOPLE TO MY FRIENDS LIST FROM THE PLAYER LIST, THATS ALL I WANT TO KNOW
                Because God hates you. It works perfectly for everyone else, just not you. Actually, yeah, we all miss the enhanced functionality that the old Friends had, but then again, we really don't miss the unreliability.
                mr spoon wrote..

Those shots are seriously underwhelming. Maybe I've been looking at too many Crysis screens.
                Yeah, it's not 2003 anymore... HL2's graphics are closer to a norm now, not the cutting edge standard. That said... I just went through the old-school Deus Ex again (which is based on the original Unreal engine) and loved it.
                entRo wrote..

I think it's rather pointless to judge whether a game will be fun or not based on screenshots and/or textures. :P The only semi-decent basis for that opinion at this point would have been the trailer, but still... I find demos to be the only realistic way of saying whether a game is "fun" or not. You could say it was "ugly" though, if that's your opinion. :P

Comment

Working...
                X