This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfire 1.54

Xfire, the popular in-game chat and friend finding gaming utility, has just hit version 1.54! If you already have the client, feel free to restart to grab the update while you read the release notes.
    • Improved the dialog that is displayed after you take a screenshot in game with Scroll Lock + S and then leave the game.

• Improved Xfire's startup time when you have numerous screenshots saved.

• Changed the name of new screenshot files to include the abbreviated game name and the date/time that the screenshot was taken.

• Improved the look and performance of the Battlefield 2 infoview and the Display Ranks button.

• Improved game lobbies from group chat rooms to give more feedback about the game status.

• Improved the layout of numerous dialogs, especially the Tools | Options dialog.

• Changed persistent group chat rooms to be stored in our database. This means you can access your persistent group chats from multiple machines more easily.

• Improved the speed at which you can login right after we perform a mandatory update (cross your fingers!).
    [break="plenty more where that came from"]
    • Fixed a few bugs with saving the order of custom groups.

• Fixed the Tools | Options | Games tab to work properly for some Steam games.

• Fixed a lot of small bugs in the voice system.

• Fixed a problem with direct friend file transfers that could interrupt you in a game. Also fixed some crashes with direct friend file transfers.

• Fixed Xfire In-Game for Age of Empires III after changing resolutions.

• Fixed Xfire In-Game for Guild Wars (this awesome game switched to Direct3D 9).

• Updated the Help | About dialog.

• Fixed a bug with setting your voice activation key in the Tools | Options | Voice dialog and then changing tabs.

• New games supported: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2006, Deer Hunter 2003, Deer Hunter 2004, Deer Hunter 2005, Myst, Riven, Myst III Exile, Myst IV Revelation, Myst V End of Ages, Auto Assault Beta, Dungeons & Dragons Online - Stormreach, The Sims 2 Open for Business, SWAT 4 - The Stetchkov Syndicate, NCAA Championship Run 2006, Dark Age of Camelot - Darkness Rising, The Godfather, Red Orchestra (Steam), and Oblivion.

I'm a little upset that they didn't add in game chatting for Oblivion ; nonetheless, it was a nice update.

Comment

New games supported: .........and Oblivion.

I'm very happy they added ingame chatting for Oblivion. Otherwise, nobody (except for Red Orchestra players I suppose) would be particularly interested.

Comment

Um, I realized they added support. It tells me I've been playing. What it doesn't say is In-Game chat functionality. For me, it doesn't let me hit Scroll Lock+X to have my IM window pop up.

Comment

It does that for me. :/

Good luck getting it working, you could try the Xfire boards.

Comment

Working...
          X