This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle Rock Studios Back at Work

Valve has passed along word that Turtle Rock Studios is hard at work on a new Source project. Known for their work on CS: Condition Zero and CS: Source, the new game will utilize the Source engine for a new PC game, and it will be distributed via Steam. Not much else is known about the project at this point.
    Next Generation PC Title Coming to Steam

Irvine, CA - March 16, 2006 - Turtle Rock Studios, the independent studio that has co-developed recent Counter-Strike games with Valve, today announces a new Source-based title in development for the PC, to be released via Valve’s Steam online platform for digital distribution.

Turtle Rock Studios was founded by Michael Booth in 2002, and has grown to include industry veterans who have contributed to such titles as Nox, Red Alert II: Yuri's Revenge, and Command & Conquer: Generals.

“Working with Source and Steam allows us unprecedented flexibility in our development process, provides instantaneous world-wide distribution, and affords us the creative freedom to focus on building a game universe of our very own.� said Booth. “We’re excited to be working with this technology and to reveal more about the project over the coming year.�

For more information, please visit www.turtlerockstudios.com

The turtle plush dolls in de_tides were the best.

Looking forward to see what they cook up.

Comment

Remeber waaaay back when Valve announced that CZ would eventually be ported to source? ... yea

Comment

hrm yeah... whatever happened to CZ:S anyway..

Comment

why would they make a CZ:S? CZ wasn't a MASSIVE hit and CS source seems good enough (with lots to still add on) at this point. I wonder if they're making a new game that isn't CS related possibly?

Comment

I really hope they're creating a new franchise, a new IP. I doubt it's going to be CZ:S, that'd be pointless. What would it offer? Why would anyone want it?

If it was CZ:S, Valve would have made some sort of mention about it in their news post. As of now, we have no idea what the title is, what it's about or when it's going to be released. Awesome news!

Comment

TFC?TFC?TFC?TFC?TFC?TFC?TFC?TFC? Hopefully?

Comment

CS 2 !! :P

Comment

They're working on Team Nukem Forever.

Comment

lol Kerosine

I remember the first screenshots of TF2 so many years ago, they made me happy. I cry myself to sleep now. You hurt me Valve :'(

Comment

TF2 was just a dream. It was never supposed to be anything more.

Comment

wait for the fortress forever hl2 mod to be finished.

Comment

I'm just talking about a TFC move to Source, TF2, you might as well wish for money to fall from the sky.

Comment

washuplushie wrote..

why would they make a CZ:S? CZ wasn't a MASSIVE hit and CS source seems good enough (with lots to still add on) at this point. I wonder if they're making a new game that isn't CS related possibly?
                            Unless they pull a deleted scenes in source then im sold.......

Comment

Working...
                            X