This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Updates - Friends and Stuttering Addressed

An update to the Steam client was just released a few moments ago. This update introduces a number of fixes and adds the Friends BETA functionality without the use of the command line as well as provides a new fix for the Source stuttering issue.
      Steam Client

• You can now join the Friends Beta via the Friends button inside of Steam.

• The Steam hardware survey has been updated, with improved detection of graphics card hardware and sound card detection. Results are available here

• Added System information help menu option which shows the hardware information detected for the survey

• Fixed offline mode not working for users who account names that are all digits with leading zeros

• Fixed actively preloading games showing as paused in the mini-games list

• Fixed case where store page could become stuck displaying 'loading...' and never show a page

Source & Half-Life 1 Engine

• Enabled Friends beta

• Fixed several cases where the server browser would not correctly handle filtering of mods

Source Engine

• Improved filesystem throughput - this fixes a bunch of stutter reports in Half-Life 2

Counter-Strike

• Fixed menuselect 10 exploit allowing players to spawn into game in spectator mode
    Restart your clients to grab this update!

Stuttering does not exist in HL2 and never has.

Comment

omgomgz wrote..

Stuttering does not exist in HL2 and never has.
      Maybe not for you. I have an X800pro and CSS would sometimes get this LAME stutter bug. So this fix is awesome!

Comment

Finally they fixed Favorites!

Comment

Spec bug, Stutter bug, and Favorites? WOW. Can't wait for VC Sniper to hear about this update.

Comment

Wow, great updates. =D

Comment

Edited by [user="255411"] @ [time="1142304243"]

OMGG!!!!!! *skip heart beat* OMM GODD!!! w000h000!!! FRIENDS BETA IS ADDED TO SOURCE GAME NOW so now you don't have to enter command lines to access it!!!!!! w00h0000!!! OMG LOVE VALVe!!! OMG!!! I can't wait to tell my friends about this!!! WOOHOOO!!!! WOW!!!! ALot of great ass fixes here!!! Love the System Information display thingy!!! Great job VALVe!!! <3 I can't wait to update my Steam client to get this kickass update!!! w00h00!!! THE STUTTER IS NOW GONE!!! Hope you people enjoy Half-Life 2 with out the stutter bug like I have for the last 2 years ;D!!! GREAT UPDATE VALVe!!! <3 <3 <3 W00H00!!! Keep up the amazing work VALVe!!! I can finally see my friends in the Friends windows again!!! =D

Comment

"The Friends network is undergoing repairs right now. We will send out news when the system is ready to use again. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

Oh yeah, it's working like it aways did.

Comment

Did you restart Steam?

Comment

Edited by [user="221380"] @ [time="1142325656"]

Gw this is what i want to see more often

Now they just need to fix all the bugs that make source non competitive and all the 1.6's will go to hell and have to play source

Comment

They don't care about the 'competitive' part of the game, the competitive players are the minority. CSS in e-sports is done (it's removed from every major tourney where it had a chance before). The pro-mod might take over, but that's another game, and it's not up to valve.

Comment

Its not mentioned anywhere, but this update fixed an issue that was driving myself, and many clanmates (and im sure many others) crazy. The playerlist inside CS!

For months, almost nobody would show up in my playerlist, after patching lastnight, EVERYBODY does. Im so happy, I can mute some of my clan mates, PEACE HAS RETURNED

Comment

That's directly related to Friends.

Of course if you find yourself wanting to mute your clanmates, isn't it time to find a new clan?

Comment

AS IF comps make the minority cs is bulit up by clans ! and online wars and tournaments

Comment

.Sn0w. wrote..

AS IF comps make the minority cs is bulit up by clans ! and online wars and tournaments
                              You're kidding, right? That'd be fairly impossible given the number of non-clan/competing outweigh the "pro" players.

Comment

Working...
                              X