This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends Beta Updated Again

Hot on the heels of last night's update, another update has been released for the Friends BETA tonight.
    • enabled new version of the Valve Hardware Survey

• fixed regression with sending chat text when having multiple chat windows open echoing the sent chat text to the wrong place

• fixed regression where expand affordance on vgui dialogs was invisible

• changed chat windows to flash their taskbar entry on receiving a new chat message

• changed 'click here to join' url, shown in the chat dialog when a friend being chatted with joins a game, to only show if the IP of the game server is a joinable ip/port
    While you restart your Steam client to get this update, you may want to take a moment to notice that I had a chance to update some of the CS: Source FAQ. Yay for productivity on all fronts!

That was quick...

Comment

There's also a nifty depth of field effect in place with this updated BETA.

Comment

Nah come on seriously when are they going to fix the bugs in css like come on its been over a month and theres heaps of problems!

also with friends can you do you still have your old contacts?

Comment

Sn0w, are you going to say that everytime an update comes and doesn't update CS?

Comment

He doesn't seem to understand, even after several users pointed it out in the previous Friends BETA Update Post, that there are separate teams working on services like Friends and games like Counter-Strike:Source.

Comment

It's even more obvious here. At least people who are working on HL2: Episode One, etc. can work on CSS effectively. You could at least possibly complain about them making new games when there are still bugs in old ones. Only thing is, people who work on steam probably can't do work on mapping/game bug fixing, as that most likely isn't what they do.

Comment

Friends has actually been staying pretty stable for me, which is quite a miracle compared to its old incarnation. Glad to see the little details getting worked out, but also hoping to see some of my old favorite features (such as the board games) come back.

As far as Sn0w's incessant griping and that whole deal, it's really not too difficult to understand this process:

Working on new games = making money.

Working on old games = spending money.

I won't bother to repeat the arguments of those before me... it's all there, but I don't expect anybody to start thinking and stop whining, heh... that's the nature of the community.

Comment

Working...
                X