This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIP Mod 1.0.C Released

An update to the community made VIP mod for CS: Source was released tonight. The update addresses a number of issues that server admins and players have experienced since the initial public release.
    • fixed: round time elapsed but round doesn't end

• fixed: map doesn't change when mp_maxrounds is reached

• fixed: map doesn't change when mp_winlimit is reached

• fixed: not always outputting the "Assassinated_The_VIP" log line

• fixed: player who was VIP doesn't have knife/pistol after "mp_restartgame" or Mani Warmup Period end
    [break="more fixes found here" type="viewnews"]
    • fixed: VIP doesn't have VIP skin if player switched from T last round

• fixed: player who was VIP last round sometimes can't pick up weapons

• fixed: VIP still has nightvision if player purchased it the previous round

• fixed: VIP's USP ammo not always set to 12/12 on Linux servers

• fixed: restricted mp5 can be bought with some keybinds

• added: fire vip_escaped and vip_killed events for interaction with other plugins (requested by Mani)

• added: don't choose a VIP if mani_warmup_in_progress equals 1

• added: ignore bots when choosing VIP if human player is on CT and bots are set to defer to humans
    Those admins wishing to run the latest version should head on over to the PAF files section. As a side note, the release of the VIP mod appears to be quite the success!

This whole thing turned out to be extremely unpopular, valve was right when they cut this from the game.

Comment

Edited by [user="151473"] @ [time="1141054522"]

FLeK0 wrote..

This whole thing turned out to be extremely unpopular, valve was right when they cut this from the game.
      I don't think so (370+ servers with the mod installed right now).

Comment

thats right, 370+ servers and 15,000+ total downloads. I think it's been a screaming success. I don't know where you get that it's extremely unpopular??

Comment

I was playing some as_oilrig_wk, Source stylee, this weekend. Brought back some good memories. The good thing about new players too is that they just don't know the blitz rush entrances... muhahaha etc.

Comment

Very impressed with Dukes work on this...turned out good.

Comment

Yea, this was a great change of pace and just as fun as I remember from back in the day.

I'm a teamwork whore.

Comment

Currently, all of my CS time is devoted to Assassination servers. Fantastic mod, brought a definite breath of fresh air into my CS gaming experience. Many thanks!

Comment

It is great... the oilrig_dj is nice a few flaws but nice. oilrig_wk is a perfect port but looks horrible...

mansion needs the escape point to show on the map, and is way to big

artic needs to go away now...

My server is very excited about the mod, we would just like at least 3 good maps..

Comment

Foo2rama wrote..

It is great... the oilrig_dj is nice a few flaws but nice. oilrig_wk is a perfect port but looks horrible...

mansion needs the escape point to show on the map, and is way to big

artic needs to go away now...

My server is very excited about the mod, we would just like at least 3 good maps..
                    To each his own.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X