This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam News Update - Episode One

Apparently, over the course of the entire weekend I hadn't loaded up Steam until this very minute. Sorry for the delay in the news, but these things happen! Last Friday's Steam news update discussed a little bit about Episode One, the first of the Half-Life 2 episodic releases.
    As we've mentioned before, we've been hard at work on the continuation of Half-Life 2 for some time now. Soon, as part of the upcoming Half-Life 2: Episode One, you'll find out about what happened to the Citadel after the end of HL2, what happened to your nemesis Breen, and how Alyx managed to survive the explosion at the game's end. You'll also learn a lot more about Alyx, since nearly the entire episode is spent with her at your side.

During the development of Half-Life 2, we at Valve were frustrated at how long it took us (six years!) to ship the game. With that in mind , the decision was made to try an episodic approach to the next Half-Life products, each designed to reveal new story, gameplay, and the latest Source technology in four to six hour experiences.

Over the coming weeks, we'll keep you informed about the game's status. For now, head over to Computer and Video Games site to read an interview with Valve's Robin Walker about Episode One.

HL2: Episode One

More about the CVG interview with Robin Walker can be found here.

IMO they should have turned off HDR for that screenshot.

Comment

acc_int wrote..

IMO they should have turned off HDR for that screenshot.
      Their original title for the image was:

HL2_EP1_Alyx_Silhouette1_s.jpg

So, it seems like that's what they were going for there.

Comment

So am I to understand by the tone of that article that there will NOT be a HL3? It appears they will end the series by the use of these episodes.

Comment

That's how fog should be used!

Comment

don't feel bad about not having it up. I ran steam all weekend and never got that msg...

Comment

Same here. VALVe must have backdated their announcement to Friday...

Comment

ph03nix(k) wrote..

So am I to understand by the tone of that article that there will NOT be a HL3? It appears they will end the series by the use of these episodes.
                From the wording of the news post. Yeah

I like the idea of expansion packs. Naming them episodes does kind of cheapen the value of them to me even if it is just a name change, but the idea of them closing out the series with just a bunch of episodes sucks. I was hoping for a source 2 engine and Half-Life 3. Half-Life 2 was my favorite game and I was hoping Half-Life 3 could top it. These episodes have no chance of it. Still, they should just keep giving them names and calling them expansion packs. You name artistic creations, you don't number them like you're going for quantity over quality. I'm used to the idea of 30 dollar expansion packs. It's just a mental block when you call them episodes.

Comment

WHERES THE DAMN MODELS!

Comment

ominousone wrote..

don't feel bad about not having it up. I ran steam all weekend and never got that msg...
                    You know, I thought I played for a bit Saturday night... just couldn't remember clearly if I did and decided to play it safe.

Comment

hopefully alyx's clothes were ripped off by the explosion at the end of HL2 forcing her to remain completely naked through out "episode one".. thats the only hope this "episode" has...

Comment

HACKER HELL STORM wrote..

hopefully alyx's clothes were ripped off by the explosion at the end of HL2 forcing her to remain completely naked through out "episode one".. thats the only hope this "episode" has...
                        Heh, if only

Unfortunatley it looks like the dirty minx is wearing the same apparel that she had in HL2.... You think she could've got nasty, with some Mad Max style post alien invasion leather Chaps. :P

Comment

^^^ you also disgust me

you disgust me

Comment

lol

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X