This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAL-I 1.6 Preview

GotFrag has recently posted a preview of all your favorite teams in their CS 1.6 CAL- I preview.

For all the coL junkies out there, lets see if you can answer the question David Burke is asking?
    CompLexity comes into this season with an interesting dilemma. They're widely considered to be America's #1 team online and #2 team on LAN. 3D has gotten the best of coL on LAN recently and coL still hasn't shown the ability to change that. Considering this is a CAL preview article, what will coL do in CAL?
    Read the rest of the article to find out just what he has to say about the topic. Personally after watching the CPL Winter 2005 matches several times, I'm leaning towards the feeling the coL needs to 'put it all out on the line' more often.

They still play 1.6? I thought they were switching to Source.

Comment

skankuser wrote..

They still play 1.6? I thought they were switching to Source.
      I believe they do both.

Comment

Alot of teams are still trying to hold onto the glory of 1.6.

Comment

Yeah a lot of teams are sticking with 1.6 due to some stupid shit like gameplay and prize money. It's all bullshit, man.

Comment

Money? Who told you to do that?

Money aside, Source is still in beta, which is kinda a big deal.

Comment

Uh, PookGuy, is CSS still officially in beta? I don't care what CAL players say, but I'm pretty sure it's polished enough not to be considered a "beta".

Comment

It doesn't matter what 1.6 Cal - I players say concerning 'Source being in Beta still". The point remains that there is a CAL - I league for Source and that PowersGaming is amazing at it.

Personally I think that some of the old 1.6 players might be afraid of source since all thier years of playing won't amount to as much in the new engine, and its a far fall from the top. :-(

Comment

PG IS TERRIBLE, END OF STORY. GG NO RM.

Comment

Edited by [user="333658"] @ [time="1138681861"]

lol M4, even after being gone for nearly 6 months, you still are the same guy I never listen to.

And check out what they've done: http://caleague.com/?page=teams&teamid=33785

They don't suck.

Comment

m4elite wrote..

PG IS TERRIBLE, END OF STORY. GG NO RM.

Comment

m4elite wrote..

lol, Ignorance is bliss .

Comment

Billiam wrote..

lol, Ignorance is bliss .
                          You would know, would you not?

As You do play source. + you cant even quote me correctly..

5 teams in cs:s CAL-I are DEAD/Hijacked. LEET.

The best cs:s team lost to a team who does not even play cs:s.

Bitchin.

Comment

lol M4, please forgive the mis-quotation, it was a typo on my part, and has nothing to do with ignorance.

I'm not going to argue with you since I imagine that the loss you are speaking of is refering to the victory Team3D had, and you can't say that they lost to a team with DOESN'T play source since it has been commonly known that many 1.6 teams are still practicing source incase their time runs out in the vintage game.

And for reference I play 1.6, Source, and Painkiller. Don't try to use the game I play as a tool for an arguement, what will it prove other than you can guess a 50 50 chance?

Comment

Billiam wrote..

I'm not going to argue with you since I imagine that the loss you are speaking of is refering to the victory Team3D had, and you can't say that they lost to a team with DOESN'T play source since it has been commonly known that many 1.6 teams are still practicing source incase their time runs out in the vintage game.
                              Plus the fact CS 1.6 and CS:S are still bassicly the same game that requires the same skills.. Anyone good at the one, will be good at the other ofter some minor adjustment.. They are not that different at all, no matter what people say, it's still both CS..

The CS 1.6 glorydays will end eventually since no game lasts forever, and 6+ years is already ancient in the PC gaming world.. Enjoy it will it lasts..

Comment

Working...
                              X