This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfire Updated - Version 1.51

The latest update to the popular in-game chat utility and server connecting program, Xfire, has just hit version 1.51. We know you're excited.
    • Added the ability to send a file directly to your friend using the Actions | Send File menu item on chat windows, if you have compatible firewalls. There is no file size limit. We will continue to enhance this feature in future updates.

• Revamped the user interface for voice chat to make it easier to use.

• Added the ability to create and launch a game lobby from a group chat for the following games:
      • Age of Empires II

• Jedi Knight

• Heroes of Might and Magic III

• Heroes of Might and Magic III Armageddon's Blade

• Midtown Madness

• Midtown Madness 2

• Monster Truck Madness 2

• Motocross Madness 2
    • Increased the rate of our "ping" message to prevent people with aggressive firewall timeouts from getting disconnected.

• Added the option to play a sound when someone enters or leaves a group chat.

• Added the ability to add a game server to favorites using an xfire: URL.
    [break="more changes and additional games supported"]
    • Fixed Xfire In-Game problem that truncated your friend list (in game) if you had more than 90 friends online.

• Fixed chat log bug that truncated your friend's message if it was longer than 256 characters.

• Fixed a serious texture leak problem with Xfire In-Game continuous mode in OpenGL games.

• Fixed chat color bug with Xfire In-Game.

• Fixed detection of WarRock.

• Fixed a problem preventing old Xfire updates from being automatically deleted.

• Fixed game detection for Rose Online.

• New games supported: Star Wars Empire at War Demo, Star Wars Empire at War, Metal Gear Solid2 Substance, KumaWar, Heroes of Might and Magic III, Heroes of Might and Magic III Armageddon's Blade, Rakion Chaos Force, Midtown Madness, Midtown Madness 2, Monster Truck Madness 2, Motocross Madness 2, Rainbow Six Lockdown Demo, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Battle for Middle-earth II Beta, Heroes of Might and Magic V Beta, and MX vs ATV Unleashed Demo.

Gotta love the x-fire! Thank god they added support for Football Manager 2006! Now everyone can see where all my time is spent

Comment

XFire for the win.

Comment

I've been using Xfire since it came out, and it is seriously the best thing to happen since sliced bread.

Comment

I'm assuming your friends would need to have Xfire to be able to see if they're online or not?

Comment

Yes. If it was able to do that... it would be self-spreading spyware.

Comment

woah wrote..

I'm assuming your friends would need to have Xfire to be able to see if they're online or not?
              Not necessarily. You could use the imbeded profiles feature to show your online status, for example in a custom signature on a forum.

"Xfire miniprofiles display near-live Xfire info in an image that can be embedded on any web page, forum, or e-mail. The information can include your online/offline status, what game you are playing, what game server you are in, as well as your top game for the current week and all time. Now you can show off your Xfire profile anywhere on the web! Set up your clan site to show what your teammates have been playing. Add a signature to your account across the net. Share your Xfire info everywhere! "

http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?nam...einstructions

Comment

Comment

Zips wrote..

We know you're exited.
                  Nice Freudian slip!

Comment

They still have to have xfire in order to have the miniprofiles show if they're online and what they're playing. The only difference the miniprofiles makes, is that you don't need them added as a friend in order to see.

Comment

Edited by [user="373066"] @ [time="1138648231"]

Salamandra wrote..

They still have to have xfire in order to have the miniprofiles show if they're online and what they're playing. The only difference the miniprofiles makes, is that you don't need them added as a friend in order to see.
                      Thats not what was being asked. If his friends dont have x-fire is there anyway to see what he is playing, answer: yes using the profiles method. Thats if you have x-fire and ur buddies dont.... At least thats how I understood what was being asked.

Therefore they could see what you are playing, if you are online, and what server you are on, if you enabled the imbeded profiles and used it in a custom signature, for example in a forum.

Comment

someone explain to me why i should stop using msn and aim and use ANOTHER stupid messenger service

Comment

Basically because it integrates a game server browser, the ability to view and instantly connect to a friends' current game/teamspeak server, and in-game chat without having to alt-tab, amongst many other things.

If you have trouble finding friends online while gaming, give it a try.

Comment

Nope, it wasn't what was asked :P
                            Do *they* have to have it to see if *they* are online.

Comment

The way I would interpret that is

Do *they* have to have it [for you] to see if *they* are online.

Either way works, grammatically, but this makes the most sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X