This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermath and Platinum Pack in April

Having been deviated just slightly from it's hopeful release at the end of the year for 2005, Half-Life 2: Aftermath has been re-slated for an April 24th, 2006 release date. With this news also comes word of a Half-Life 2: Platinum Pack that is also slated for release on April 24th.

The news was originally broke on Gamers Hell, but then later confirmed by the Mod HQ after an email to Valve's Doug Lombardi.
    We're currently targeting April 24th for the release of both Aftermath and Platinum.

Platinum will include HL2, HL2 DM, CS: Source, DoD: Source, and Aftermath.
    The Platinum pack sounds like a fairly decent deal (though no price has been given yet) for those wishing to dive right into the entire Source world. Hopefully this release date stays on track, I'm aching for some Aftermath.

The Platinum pack sounds like a fairly decent deal (though no price has been given yet)

lol. just lol.

Comment

April 24th...yea right

Comment

Jesus, a platinum pack already!

Comment

Alright, April 24th...so we're looking at Christmas '06 here folks.

Comment

Seems a bit optimistic there washuplushie.

Nah, I'm definitely looking forward to Aftermath. HL2 was good each of the three times I've played through it, but the story must go on.

Comment

5 months is not a slight deviation. it's a bullshit release date. instead of constantly coming up with new release dates, just tell everyone that it will be done when it's done and shut the fuck up until you've got something tangible to release?

Comment

thepingofdeath wrote..

5 months is not a slight deviation. it's a bullshit release date. instead of constantly coming up with new release dates, just tell everyone that it will be done when it's done and shut the fuck up until you've got something tangible to release?
                Well this way people wont be asking "Where the hell is Aftermath?" until after the new release date has passed.

Comment

yeah it won't be happening anytime soon . I'll be happy to see HL2:aftermath it seems to be very awesome.

Comment

Any word on length? Can't wait to play it myself either, but id kinda hope there is some depth to it and not a half assed addon. This said, all previous HL expansions been fairly long in themselves (bar blueshift).

Comment

Edited by [user="247345"] @ [time="1136867604"]

So anyone want to guess, how much we will pay for 3 hours(play time+`) of Aftermath???

And how many episodes are there going to be??

[edit] NM $12.95 don't know about how many episodes there will be until HL3.

Comment

thepingofdeath wrote..

Yeah, but that'll just end up becoming a vaporware.

Comment

Only $20 for Aftermath, sounds not bad at all! If only it actually came out.

No, I'm not optimistic at all.

Comment

I hope Aftermath is good, despite the length. I'll be happy if the new game play features, such as improved A.I., are as substantial as Valve says.

Comment

Cool April 24th My Birthday great timing

Comment

Working...
                              X