This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zips wrote..

I thought there were multiple videos... at least in that 360MB torrent link they have there is.

Which one specifically?
    The actual trailer that has all the effects + voice acting and that jazz.

Comment

uhh....

Comment

rizzuh wrote..

The actual trailer that has all the effects + voice acting and that jazz.
        Ah, alright. At the time of my earlier post I had only gotten about half of the videos finished from the torrent (not the full one of course).

But I'll agree with what FleK0 said:
        Sniper in german (Scharfsütze).

Comment

I just finished watching this video, and it's the best tech video/machinima I've ever seen. Seriously... DoD:S + these effects + good writing + good camera angles = amazing stuff.

Download and watch this!

Comment

That film grain stuff is about the stupidest fucking thing I've heard of in a long time.

The rest sounds great as long as they don't overdo the motion blur like they did with the HDR.

Comment

Agent 00Shoe wrote..

That film grain stuff is about the stupidest fucking thing I've heard of in a long time.

The rest sounds great as long as they don't overdo the motion blur like they did with the HDR.
              ... It's not like these features will be used in gameplay. They're for Machinima and the like.

Comment

Zips wrote..

... It's not like these features will be used in gameplay. They're for Machinima and the like.
                Maybe you should try reading the article that you linked to in your own news post, huh?

Comment

Agent 00Shoe wrote..

Maybe you should try reading the article that you linked to in your own news post, huh?
                  They feel that the next step is to improve the cinematic experience in Day of Defeat: Source with effects such as Depth Of Field, Motion Blur, Film Grain, Dust, and Colour Correction. Over the next few pages, we'll be covering these new technologies and how Valve intends to integrate them into Day of Defeat: Source to make it even more cinematic than it already is.
                  It's not saying for gameplay, just saying they're incorporating into the engine. Probably off by default IF they add it for gameplay, otherwise it's there for machinima.

Comment

Comment

Zips is correct.

Comment

Awesome article. Any timetable on when these new features might be implemented? (keeping in mind that this is Valve and it should take at least 8 extra months for these features to appear)

Comment

I agree with Psychotron, this game looks pretty bad.

Comment

It's stylized. I've never played either, but I hear it's fun... and isn't that what games should be about?

Comment

Wow that video was amazing. Improvements to DoD Machinima will definetly be a huge plus to the DoD community.

Comment

That cinematic video is pretty impressive, I have to admit. Given that the director of this film was a technical director for "The Matrix Revolutions" I suppose it's not entirely surprising. I am curious if this was a scripted thing, or if they got a whole pile of guys together to do the scenes.

FleK0 was basically right about 2:13 with "Scharfsütze" (even if he left out the "ch" in "Scharfschütze") but the one I couldn't make out was at 1:21 right when the German MG runs out of ammo. If I sat down and played DOD:S for a few minutes and spammed voice messages, though, I'm sure I could figure it out... probably the "I need ammo!" equivalent or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X