This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuke Released!

A little map called de_nuke was just released for CS: Source tonight! In addition to the map, HDR makes its first appearance in the CS world, a great deal of bug fixes and improvements have been made to the game, and several bot tweaks have also been made. Yes, the DX7 bug has also been fixed. Read on for the full change log while you restart your Steam clients to get this large update.
      New Map

• Added de_nuke with High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting

Counter-Strike: Source Enhancements and Bug Fixes

• The Bomb (C4) can no longer be planted on breakables, movable physics props, or other players

• Fixed problem where players were not always “grabbing ontoâ€? ladders that were approached from above

• Crouching while traversing a ladder reduces the player’s speed (matches CS 1.6 behavior)

• Improved door logic to prevent doors from opening into the player using them

• View-smoothing is now done when going down stairs as well as up

• Bomb-related sounds play for everyone correctly now (not just the bomb-planter)

• First-person spectators are blinded and deafened just like the person they are observing

• Fixed incorrect bullet penetration calculation through concrete+grate materials

• Fixed changeteam exploit

• Fixed DX7 early prop fade-out

• Fixed rare player animation issue while holding grenades

• Fixed apparent lockup/hang due to the disconnect dialog showing up over the quit menu and hiding it

• Fixed crash when shooting explosive objects that would result in the shooter’s immediate death

• Opening the buy menu and equipment menu on the same frame no longer leaves the buy menu in a bad state
    [break="more changes and screens!"]
    • Deagle no longer always plays deploy animation when starting to spectate its owner

• Non-localized HintText displays correctly again

• Added "mp_disable_autokick " so players with rcon access aren't idle-kicked

• “soundscape_flushâ€? no longer forgets about soundscape entities

• Exposed VIP player index to plugins/mods

Counter-Strike: Source Bot Changes

• Several navigation improvements (jumping, ladders, general movement)

• Various CPU performance optimizations

• Bots are more attentive to enemy noises now

• Bots throw their grenades when surprised by an enemy correctly now

• Bots can open doors when attacking with a knife now

• Fixed bug preventing CT bots from hiding to guard a bomb defuser

• Fixed a few issues where bots were trying to plant the bomb in bad places

• Bots now break breakables they touch while stuck or crouched

• Fixed bots not knowing if the cs_havana window is shut

• Adding the “bot_join_delayâ€? ConVar to delay bots joining after a map change

Wow.. a lot of fixes + nuke, Good job valve!

Comment

Good job VALVe!

Comment

/me changes pants ready for nuke

Comment

er wernte they suposed to release the new player models, eh nm maby i read wrong, anyway gj valve.

Comment

I see the gigantic "BUY DARWINIA NOW AND SAVE 2 DOLLARS" ads are already up.

What a perfect christmas present.

Comment

aren't they suppose to include player models too..? just curious

Comment

ScaryViet wrote..

aren't they suppose to include player models too..? just curious
                No. VALVe stated that the player models are coming AFTER the de_nuke update

Comment

VIP eh?

How about some oilrig!

Comment

OMG!!! This is one of the best update released yet1!!ww00tt!!! G00D J)OB VALVe~!!!!!! KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK!!!! *UPDATING* YIPPEEEEE!!!! Can't wait to play on the great map that is de_nuke!!!! w00t w00t w00t!!!

Comment

Kill Yourself wrote..

VIP eh?

How about some oilrig!
                      http://vipmod.punkassfraggers.com/ then go to http://vipmod.punkassfraggers.com/maps.shtml

Comment

I hate to be a pain, but are usually maps made from VALVe have a lot more details in the interior? Nuke is quite bland, but I guess their sticking true to the old classic Nuke. Nice update, time to play. )))

Comment

Vlux wrote..

I hate to be a pain, but are usually maps made from VALVe have a lot more details in the interior? Nuke is quite bland, but I guess their sticking true to the old classic Nuke. Nice update, time to play. )))
                          This is good too hear. Sometimes you shouldn't change something that is already near perfect.

Comment

this map is now perfect (i just need a better monitor cause mine is shiz for brightness)

Comment

Im truly amazed with how well this came out, it truly reminds me off the old nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X