This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuke Coming Next Wednesday

The latest Steam news update has come out today, and it passes along word of the hopeful release date of de_nuke for CS: Source.
    We're currently targeting Wednesday, November 30th as the release date for the updated version of de_nuke for Counter-Strike: Source, and Argentan for Day of Defeat: Source. Nuke will be the first Counter-Strike: Source map we've released that includes HDR lighting, and we think the community will like the way it looks. Argentan is the first in a series of new levels we are producing for Day of Defeat: Source.

This week we also annouced that a new version of Red Orchestra will be making it's way to Steam. This MOD team was the winner of the "Make Something Unreal" contest. Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is a standalone follow-up with new single and multiplayer content, and it is due for release via Steam around the start of next year. You can get more information on it at the Red Orchestra web site.

With so many Source engine MODs currently in development, we felt we should point out a few that have been released. Head over to the MOD Database and check out the Half-Life 2 MODs.
    So there you have it folks. The new maps for CS: Source and DoD: Source should be coming around next week. Hopefully the wait will have been worth it.

awsome. I thought they were going to release it in the middle of december.

Comment

ZOMG NOOOOO I WANT MILITIA NOT NUKE

also umm does the absense of talk about the models in this update worry anyone?

Comment

want it sooneR!! need something besides tequila to make it thru the holidays

Comment

YAY NUKE!!!

I'd rather have nuke than militia... I don't want another one-sided campfest map. Especially one that can turn into an awpfest.

just my opinion though

but yeah, where are the models?

Comment

OMG, a Steam newsupdate on Wednesday instead of Friday.. That really caught me by surprise!! :P

Hopefully we get some playermodels with Nuke aswell..

Comment

they said the models come after nuke.

Comment

i cant believe we are just getting nuke and hopefully militia while we have been stuck with retarded maps that no one plays like piranesi for months

Comment

I knew militia would be held back!

Comment

It's hard for me to get excited over map releases, when I know that I'll have a hard time playing them much after the novelty has worn off.

I seldom find a map I really dislike. Most of the maps released can have great gameplay, if you're willing to take the time to figure them out, find the spots, memorize the timing, etc. My real complaint is not with a lack of available maps, but with a lack of maps that people are willing to play. It's sad to see 24/7 Dust2 servers filled constantly while the server admin brave enough to put some custom maps on his server all too often finds his server sitting empty and ignored.

What I would love to see some 3rd party developer to make would be a program where you could specify a set of maps (or any but certain maps, however you want to do it) that you'd like to play on a server that has under X ping with at least Y players. It would then look at all the other gamers on it's service wanting to play, pick a server meeting that criteria, and all of you would join up at once. Link it up to something like Xfire and you'd have an amazing system on your hands.

But alas... the odds of that coming true aren't very high, so I guess I'll have to keep on hunting in my server browser, waiting to find a populated no-bot server that's playing something interesting.

Comment

what happen to the models? =(

Comment

Edited by [user="329329"] @ [time="1132822012"]

coolio i've been waiting for this!Nuke WOW!

Edit:I love playing Dust only server,Dust2 requires vote.

Comment

-:Nighthawk:- wrote..

My real complaint is not with a lack of available maps, but with a lack of maps that people are willing to play. It's sad to see 24/7 Dust2 servers filled constantly while the server admin brave enough to put some custom maps on his server all too often finds his server sitting empty and ignored.
                          Yes i agree, I would be happy to play cs_backalley or cs_747 more often, they have different gameplay and a tense feeling. It's very regenerating to play them from time to time. But I understand they can be very disconforting for casual gamers or people frustrated by campers.

cs_siege can be fun too (smoke grenades are usefull after all, see CallofDuty 2), though with a anti-AWP plugin.

And these are just official maps, not even custom ones.

Comment

-:Nighthawk:- wrote..

I seldom find a map I really dislike. Most of the maps released can have great gameplay, if you're willing to take the time to figure them out, find the spots, memorize the timing, etc. My real complaint is not with a lack of available maps, but with a lack of maps that people are willing to play. It's sad to see 24/7 Dust2 servers filled constantly while the server admin brave enough to put some custom maps on his server all too often finds his server sitting empty and ignored.
                            I agree with you.. But I think CS:S has plenty pretty good offcial maps already that don't get played enough, maps like Chateau and Piranesi etc.. I guess it's the same as with the whole game, why are most people still playing CS after more then 6 years and not some other game? I guess a lot of people don't mind playing the same thing over & over again..

Comment

Edited by [user="271925"] @ [time="1132847591"]

I personally like to play D2, Inferno, Nuke, Cobble and sometimes, just 4 fun, Aztec. That's in 1.6. I really don't care about other maps, and really hate militia, for instance.

In CS:S, inferno is not the same, and I don't like it very much. It's beautiful, full of details and so on, but it's not the same map anymore. Dust2 is fine, Aztec is ok, Cobble is wonderful... but the new maps (those compound and the other one) just plain suck in my opinion. Chateau is playable, but I can live without it, I don't mind about this map. Piranesi is funny, but noone seems to know it, so I really don't care. Office is nice, but I don't like the gameplay... the same applies to italy.

I think that there are 2 main types of maps: the well balanced ones, that provides nice gameplay like D2, Cbble, Inferno, Aztec and Nuke, and the rest. Some of the rest are ok to try once and again, but the others just plain suck.

Let's see what they did with Nuke. I hope they just "translate" it to source, I mean, I hope they just update the textures, lighting and modeling. That's my opinion, anyway.

After so many bugs, boring maps and other issues, I'm back to 1.6... Source is beautiful, but 1.6 is funnier for me. Hope this nuke realease changes it.

Comment

Working...
                              X