This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life 2 on Xbox Reviewed

IGN is offering up one of the first reviews for the Xbox version of Half-Life 2. IGN's three page review covers the many highs and the few lows of the game on its way to bestowing a score of 9.4 out of 10 overall.
    Having said all that, if you don't have a billion dollar PC set-up and you're itching for this fall's knockout title? Um, yeah: Half-Life 2 is it. Get it, own it, and you will be a happy, enriched person. If you haven't played the PC version, then there really isn't much to say except get it. The story itself is worthy of great praise, but the way it's implemented into the gameplay, along with amazingly fresh missions that all blend into one another, make this easily one of the best games on Xbox this year, if not the best.
    It certainly seems as though Valve spent a great deal of time making sure the Xbox fans received a faithful conversion from its PC big brother. As a little point of reference, the PC version of Half-Life 2 received a 9.7/10 from IGN.

My PC setup costs around 500 dollars and I can play HL2 in all its visual glory...

Comment

lol. only 500? cheapo.

Comment

the top end video cards cost 500 in some stores..

Comment

GREAT JOB ON XBOX HALF-LIFE 2 VALVe!!! You guys done a great job.

Comment

lol. hl2 on xbox.

need i say more?

Comment

Antinous-ODY wrote..

try 650 buddy (times two)

Comment

glad the people without high end PCs who own an Xbox can now enjoy what we've been playing for a while now.

Comment

I'm amazed they got HL2 to run on such an old system like the Xbox.. Well done Valve.. I'm happy for all Xbox owners (I own one too, but I don't play FPS on it, just racing games, I have a billion dollar PC for FPS )..

Comment

i still think they should have it xbox360 platform.

Comment

Ryosuke T wrote..

i still think they should have it xbox360 platform.
                      cough lost coast, cs source, and aftermath cough

Comment

ZOMFG

yes!!!

I have been waiting for HALF LIFE 2 to come out for my XBOX 4ever@!

this is totally AWESOME!

I am going to go and buy this right now!!

In fact, I'm going to buy TWO copies just to support VALVE and their GREAT WORK. !!!!

Comment

Urban Terror wrote..

My PC setup costs around 500 dollars and I can play HL2 in all its visual glory...
                          Antinous-ODY wrote..

wolf8218 wrote..

try 650 buddy (times two)
                          Yeah, by "in all its visual glory" UT meant to write "at 800x600 with half of the options turned off at 25fps" or something roughly along those lines. The literal interpretation of "in all its visual glory" would require a system that would set you back many, many times that ridiculous $500 figure. After all, I want my dual 7800XTs to be hooked up to a 32" LCD display as my water-cooled overclocked Athlon 64 X2 4800+ drives information through my 2 gigs of PC4800 memory, all of course smoothly being loaded up by a SATA 10,000RPM RAID array.

Then again, like it said, HL2 XBOX is for those who don't have huge amounts of money to spend on making the visuals the very best they can possibly be. So... it does have a good purpose and market, despite the impression some might try to give you.

Comment

After all, I want my dual 7800XTs to be hooked up to a 32" LCD display as my water-cooled overclocked Athlon 64 X2 4800+ drives information through my 2 gigs of PC4800 memory, all of course smoothly being loaded up by a SATA 10,000RPM RAID array.
                            Just one FX-57, unfortunately.

Comment

7800XT is that the new unannounced one?

Comment

Working...
                              X