This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermath Wherefore Art Thou?

That's going to be the question on many gamer's minds in the upcoming months. Originally sloted with an ETA of late November, it looks as though the upcoming expansion for Half-Life 2 has been pushed back ever so slightly. Half-Life2.net received the full scoop from Valve's Doug Lombardi.
    Just wanted to give you a quick update on Aftermath, specically its ETA. We're working very hard to finish this new episode for HL2, however, its going to take us a bit more time to get it into top shape. As such, the target release for this one is now Feb/March of next year.
    I was so looking forward to dining on some turkey and blasting away the combine in the new episode later this month. Oh well, I just hope those CS: Source updates come sooner rather than later.

awww dang... i want it so bad... oh well another 2-3 months cant hurt that bad, but lets just hope it doesnt get delayed more than that again!

Comment

bah, you just watch they will release sometime in the next three years.

Comment

I was looking forward to seeing this as my birthday present from Valve.

/me wonders why there's a CS2 google ad...

Comment

Really don't care how long it takes, as long as it's good quality, they can spend all the time in the world.

Comment

raise your hand if you didn't see this coming so i can chop it off.

Comment

SURPRISE!!111

Not.

Comment

Did this shock anyone? Who here actually expected it to launch when they said?

I never get upset at release dates not getting met, I think release date promises are stupid. Valve should just take id's idea and list all release dates as "When it's done!" :-P

Comment

SushiEF101 wrote..

bah, you just watch they will release sometime in the next three years.
                  haha, yep I can't wait to see that. Can can only wait and harras Valve as much as we want to get them to work faster. Ohhh welll. Make them work 24\7\360 that would be good.

Comment

Well, at least they can spend time working on the game rather than rushing to finish it. Now I can save up some money. =)

Comment

blizzard > valve

Comment

I forgot it's been so long... they're not charging for Aftermath when it comes out, are they?

Comment

I was expecting this ... I mean we are chumps ... we all waited 2 extra years just for HL2 to come out ... so OF COURSE we will wait an extra 4 months ... Which I guess will take longer than that .... Why would they release a game in the worst months of the year to release a game ... Summer 2006

Comment

...Doesn't, "...Wherefore art thou..." mean "...why are you..."? If I remember correctly, Juliet asks, "wherefore art thou romeo?", meaning, "Why are you romeo?" or in other words, "Why do you have to belong to the family you belong to, making it impossible for us to be together blah blah blah...". This is if my memory still serves me correctly.

Comment

this brings back bad memories of condition zero.

Comment

Working...
                              X