This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam's New Look

Anxious to get your first glimpse at the new UI for the Steam client? For a limited time, there is a look at the upcoming Steam interface redesign. The new interface (currently in beta) can be seen below and can be accessed by any Steam user by adding "-clientbeta betaui" to the end of the Steam target line. It's just that simple!

The pictures showcase the reworked "Play Games" window in both the condensed and expanded views. There is also an updated "All Games" browser to find new and lesser known 3rd party mods.

[break="view the full image gallery" type="viewnews"]

Gotta love java interfaces

Comment

sexy

Comment

Looks pretty good, hope they iron out the bugs it currently has before the official release, like the incredibly cruel and tempting ready to play Lost Coast Icon.

Comment

could be worse...

i personally don't like the new trend of making your interfaces look like they were drawn with a big chisel-tip magic marker.

Comment

even tho it got rid of my skin, i like this one alot better.. hopefully the friends list will work also

Comment

ebugg wrote..

even tho it got rid of my skin, i like this one alot better.. hopefully the friends list will work also
              let's not get ahead of our selves yet.

Comment

I think it look's pretty good alot of new features. I'm not big on change but I think I will like this one. Oh and cross your fingers friends works.

Comment

very very nice.. too bad i can't access it. even putting -clientbeta betaui in the end of the target line.

Comment

i'm having the same problem. Its saying its not a valid target.

Comment

I tried it and it work's fine.

Comment

Ryosuke T wrote..

very very nice.. too bad i can't access it. even putting -clientbeta betaui in the end of the target line.
                        Mine look's exactly like this

"C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -clientbeta betaui

and it works great.

Comment

remember to not forget the space after the ".

Comment

Edited by [user="26841"] @ [time="1128668552"]

Yeah, the "not a valid target" crap will happen if you try to stuff the command line arguments before the ending quote.

I've got to say... I still love the wiki interface. Just makes everything so simple, and encourages people to structure their thoughts into clear, concise points in defined categories. Plenty of bugs to be ironed out, but it's looking like a good step in the right direction.

Another thought... the "History" tab in the server browser is a wonderful, wonderful thing. I'm pretty stoked about this all, especially once they fix Friends.

Comment

I love the new interface. Can't wait till all the bugs are ironed out and it goes public. This is what Steam should have been at the start.

Comment

Working...
                              X