This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam News Update for August 19th

The Steam news update has just hit the masses and brings good news to you Blue Shift fans.
    In the next month or so there will be a number of Valve products being made available on Steam, but this week we'd like to spotlight a game that is being built using the Source engine.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic has been announced, and is being developed by Arkane Studios. Everyone around Valve played most of the previous Might and Magic games, and we're all big fans of Arkane's previous work. Like a lot of gamers, we're looking forward to playing the finished product.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

We'll also be releasing Half-Life: Blue Shift on Steam next week, which will be automatically playable by anyone who owns Half-Life 1, including those who purchased the Half-Life 2 Silver or Gold packages.
    The Source powered game of Might and Magic looks amazing I must say. Also, the Blue Shift news is great, especially to those fans who have yet to experience the joys of playing a guard at Black Mesa (myself included).

Haha, Blue Shift. Maybe it's time to stop strip mining the past.

I'm not the biggest fan of steam, but I do recognize that Might and Magic looks impressive. Good to see an old name come back.

Comment

Finally, I get to play Blue Shift!

Comment

FightingChance wrote..

Haha, Blue Shift. Maybe it's time to stop strip mining the past.

I'm not the biggest fan of steam, but I do recognize that Might and Magic looks impressive. Good to see an old name come back.
        It's not strip mining anything if it's free to people who already paid for a package deal. I never played Blue Shift before so this is a great thing to finally get a chance to.

Comment

Not missing out on much with Blue Shift. It's really short.

Comment

This looks pretty interesting. I'm willing to try anything that comes out especially these two.

*whispers* Zip, you misspelled forward. Shh

Comment

Nathan D. wrote..

*whispers* Zip, you misspelled forward. Shh
              *whispers* Nathan, Valve misspelled forward. :P

Edit: While I may fix it here, it's presently misspelled on the actual news release.

Comment

My mistake, lol... I underestimated your new posting powers. Forgive me? <3

That's kind of sad that Valve would misspell it though but then again, they develop games, and I'm sure the community couldn't care less about spelling just as long as the games are good.

Comment

with the amount of time it took them to put blue shift on steam i expected them to have remade it in source. hell, they could at LEAST made hi-def models and ported it to the source engine like they did to HL1. it's not that long of a campaign, people...

Comment

RobinsonCutter wrote..

with the amount of time it took them to put blue shift on steam i expected them to have remade it in source. hell, they could at LEAST made hi-def models and ported it to the source engine like they did to HL1. it's not that long of a campaign, people...
                    There are always complainers.

Comment

This will be nice considering I purchased the Half-Life gold package some years ago but blue shift never worked. Now I will finally get a chance to play it and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic look's promising but I wonder on pricing. It seems like all of a sudden Steam is making deals will all these other game makers.

Comment

Edited by [user="255411"] @ [time="1124500498"]

YAY!!! BLUE SHIFT ON STEAM!!!Always wanted to play it on Steam And I bet that the game "coming in next month or so will be LOST COAST AND DoD: SOURCE!!! YIPPEE!!! Dark Masiah looks sweet....

Comment

BeaMeR wrote..

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic look's promising but I wonder on pricing. It seems like all of a sudden Steam is making deals will all these other game makers.
                          Never any statement of it being on Steam. The game is simply using the Source engine, IE: Valve licensed out their engine same as many companies do.

Comment

I'm interested in seeing how well Steam will handle this stuff. It looks like Steam can either go up hill or down here from that.

Now the DM:MNM (Dark Messiah of Might and Magic), looks very good. I can tell the Source graphics and engine is really going to look good in it. As for Blueshift, I seriously hope they update the graphics and not full a add physics and crap like they did on Half-Life 1: Source. I'll be sad if they do...

Comment

making abit more money. I hope that its dods and lc out next week. It will be a good next week if thats the case

Comment

Working...
                              X