This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAS Coming to CS: Source

With great power comes another great Steam news update! Not one of my better opening lines, but you'll live once you see what is in store for you! This week's news update provides us with a small status update for Aftermath, The Lost Coast, and Day of Defeat: Source. It also sheds a little light on a new model for Counter-Strike: Source.
    While we know we're starting to sound a little like a broken record, Lost Coast, Day of Defeat, and Aftermath are in the final phases of development and being polished for release. While the latter two aren't quite at the point where we can nail down an exact release date, we're expecting to have Lost Coast ready in a couple of weeks.

One of the interesting features we added to Lost Coast is a commentary system, where you'll be able to hear first-hand some of the background on the features and choices in Lost Coast from the team responsible for building it. If this is something that goes over well with the community, we'll be adding it into our future titles.

We'll also be releasing a new SAS model for Counter-Strike: Source in the very near future. Here are a couple of screenshots of what it looks like currently.

Ah the SAS model, another blast from the past! You know you like seeing more than one CT model in a scene at a time.

Mmm... two CT models.

Comment

Wow! The SAS model looks great!!! Can't wait till its release! Yummy

Comment

More models? SAS???? My wildest fantasies have come true!

Comment

"From Valve"

Finally, next week we'll have an announcement of another new game that will be coming to Steam that wasn't built here at Valve.

Sin City 2 Anyone?

Comment

Whatever. They still run like retards.

Comment

Oh my we finally have a second model.

Comment

cheesewilly wrote..

Whatever. They still run like retards.
                nothing will make you happy i guess

The SAS model looks bitchin

Comment

The SAS model looks cool, but they should add a new terrorist model so that things can be more even.

Im not to keen on any games not made by Valve being on Steam, Valve games are one thing but I dont want advertisements for different companies on Steam.

Us 1.5 players dont have to worry about it though, the only time I fire up CS 1.6 is for the SOTD.

Comment

So, which Terrorist model is being added when the SAS comes out? Leet crew on Source anyone?

Comment

this is great and all but... one model? how many months have they had to work on it?

for those of you who will say i can shut the fuck up because i'm lucky they update for free, ram it down your ass. the game ISN'T FINISHED months after i paid for it. we deserve better.

Comment

although i partially agree with what youre saying and i can understand and respect that point of view, you knew what you were getting into when you bought the game.. or at least you thought you did, regardless, theyve got us by the balls.

Comment

we only had the beta to judge from, and what we got with the final version was just the beta.. with more maps. whoop-dee-doo.

Comment

I'm loving cs source more and more.

Nice line from spiderman Zips

Comment

Yeah, the game is far from finished, I mean this is a good sign though. It's still not time to celebrate yet, when the game isnt so laggy, is mostly bug free (theres a huge thread on CSS bugs on the Steampowered forums) and has all 8 models, and a new type of gameplay (VIP, escape, etc...) then I'll think its done.

Comment

Working...
                              X