This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FindAClan Service Goes Live

A new service, FindAClan, for competitive gamers has been launched recently. FAC is a non-profit service for gamers looking to join a clan to play with in an eSports league or just for fun. Players can recruit members to their existing clan or look for a clan to join in popular games such as our beloved Counter-Strike, Battlefield 2, Day of Defeat and Call of Duty.

This service looks like a useful tool for players that no longer want to be clanless, or if they are new to the eSports scene and are looking for a new way to play games but are unsure where to start. I hope this helps the community expand it's reach and further fuel online gaming. Hey, maybe the next top CAL-i team will have originated from this service!

wow. why didn't i think of this?

Comment

As a member of the FAC community, it's great to see this service finally get some publicity on one of gamings useful + informatiove sites

Join us in our IRC channel:

#join on Gamesurge.net

We hope to see you there

We currently have vacancies in our GFX Team so if you're good with Photoshop or any other Image Design program then feel free to drop us a line

Comment

there was another website like this a long time ago, but i forget what it was called.

Comment

Great idea, but horrible worked out. Looks like its just becommin a spamfest forum

Comment

Yeah, there have been a few of these "services" before. The problem is, it isn't tied to a rating system or anything. So all you get is lots of.. "I am teh l337 player. Plz invite me in your CAL-I clan cause I will PWN!" Someone needs to put together a service that tracks players (used to be a service that did only that for the quakes) and provides an entire profile of the player. Like Hockey/baseball cards do.

I want to know the entire CS career of this player if I can.

SteamID: so you can check it against known haxors IDs

Location: Geography is often important, both for getting together for LAN practice and for a consistant net experience.

FPS Game History: Did you start out playing Doom, or were you instantly removed from the womb and placed in front of CS? How many years have you played CS?

Present and Former Clans: Where has this guy been, and why do they keep jumping clans? Or why have they been playing 5 years and never been in a clan? A good reference is always helpful too.

K/D Ratio: For obvious reasons.

K/HS Ratio: Accuracy is important, and the HS aholes can keep the other team running for cover.

Specializations: If a player is particularly good with a weapon or map this is the spot for it. If you can only AWP and my team already has a l337 AWP mutha, I don't need ya.

You get the IDEA... USEFULL info, less actual player chat. The open forum concept is inexpensive, but has little value.

Comment

Ahh here we are, I think this is what you was looking for. "For over 4 years The CLQ had kept track of millions of game players (Quake, Unreal, Half-life, Tribes, etc.) on thousands of online game servers. The statistics had been viewed by millions of people over 200,000,000 times. The CLQ had been so extremely popular that major game designers actually adapted their games to optimize their CLQ support."

Taken From The CLQ at

www.theclq.com

Comment

Yeah... that's the place... RIP.

Comment

Splatula wrote..

Yeah, there have been a few of these "services" before. The problem is, it isn't tied to a rating system or anything. So all you get is lots of.. "I am teh l337 player. Plz invite me in your CAL-I clan cause I will PWN!" Someone needs to put together a service that tracks players (used to be a service that did only that for the quakes) and provides an entire profile of the player. Like Hockey/baseball cards do.

I want to know the entire CS career of this player if I can.

SteamID: so you can check it against known haxors IDs

Location: Geography is often important, both for getting together for LAN practice and for a consistant net experience.

FPS Game History: Did you start out playing Doom, or were you instantly removed from the womb and placed in front of CS? How many years have you played CS?

Present and Former Clans: Where has this guy been, and why do they keep jumping clans? Or why have they been playing 5 years and never been in a clan? A good reference is always helpful too.

K/D Ratio: For obvious reasons.

K/HS Ratio: Accuracy is important, and the HS aholes can keep the other team running for cover.

Specializations: If a player is particularly good with a weapon or map this is the spot for it. If you can only AWP and my team already has a l337 AWP mutha, I don't need ya.

You get the IDEA... USEFULL info, less actual player chat. The open forum concept is inexpensive, but has little value.
                  why dont you just make ur own FAC lol

Comment

Working...
                  X