This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping Competition

Are you a promising mapper looking for a way to let your talents receive some public recognition? Well, look no further! HL2Mapping.com is sponsoring a new mapping contest for CS: Source.
    So what do I have to do to enter this amazing competition I hear you asking. Well:
    • Design a map

• Submit your map to sp00neyg@hl2mapping.com by Friday 12th August (23:59 GMT) along with your details (map name, your name, your email (IMPORTANT), any other contact information)

• Tell your friends about HL2Mapping.com (this will come in handy later) and ask them to register on the site

• Sit back, relax with a nice cup of coffee, and wait for the results
    The maps will be judged by our staff on 2 rounds of judging, and will also be open to the public for a playtest between the 12th August and the 16th August where you (and your friends) can also vote in the site poll for your favourite map.
    Doesn't sound too hard, does it? Naw. The winning entries will be chosen on Friday, August 19th with the winners receiving three months of free server hosting provided by DLHosting.

Sounds really cool but are their any requirement for the map?

Comment

Well we should see a lot of quality cs maps with the nearly 3 week timeframe of the contest.

Comment

kyleb wrote..

Well we should see a lot of quality cs maps with the nearly 3 week timeframe of the contest.
        lol

Comment

There was a mapping contest awhile back for CS, where mappers were asked to make a map for beauty purposes only. The maps weren't even required to be playable, they just needed to be able to produce a few awesome screenshots. There were some really cool looking maps to come out of it.

They should do that with CS:S, as naturally the maps would look alot prettier.

Comment

Sounds boring. They should make it more interesting, like a map of the smurf village.

Comment

I'm gonna smurf your smurfing smurf.

Comment

Have any maps for CS:S been made yet which feature elevators? Either the enclosed kind or the platform kind, doesn't matter... just curious.

Also... since I know virtually nothing about mapping, is it possible to make something like jeepathon2k in CS:S, or is there currently no vehicle support?

One final question... can a map have built-in weapon restrictions? Either restrictions on what can be bought, or do you have to supply stuff and disable buy zones, or what?

Comment

Working...
                X