This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermath Will be Sold in Stores

Due to the recent partnership between Valve and EA, Valve's Doug Lombardi, in a response to a question posed by Half-Life2.net, states that EA will sell a store version of Aftermath. The store retail version will be sold in addition to being available for sale via Steam. Originally slated as a Steam only expansion, the new deal should make dial-up Half-Life 2 fans happy and those that require hard copies of their purchases.

I guess this is good news. I hope it's cheap to buy.

Comment

u kidding right?, when does valve make things cheap?

Comment

Grimbal wrote..

u kidding right?, when does valve make things cheap?
        CZ is $14.95 when you buy it on Steam. I'd say that's cheap.

Comment

It's cheap, but it's still CZ.

Comment

very cute considering the exapansion was slated to be free to all owners of HL2

I just hope the steam release date will not be delayed to run concurrently with the hardcopy release...

Comment

kalabalana wrote..

I just hope the steam release date will not be delayed to run concurrently with the hardcopy release...
              Aftermath is not The Lost Coast.

Aftermath = expansion = pay for it.

Lost Coast = free chapter with new technology effects.

Comment

Whats HL2?

Comment

D-x-H wrote..

Whats HL2?
                  Please tell me your joking it stands for Half-Life2 and please be prepared for flamming.

Comment

I hope when i buy Aftermath,I not gonna see a hundred advertisements by EA when i start up

Comment

kalabalana wrote..

I agree, this actually sort of pisses me off as they DID say it would be free to people who owned HL2. I'm thinking it will go for $30. I'm not going to be happy, but hell I'll still pay for it.

Comment

Edited by [user="151473"] @ [time="1122097649"]

Zips wrote..

Aftermath is not The Lost Coast.

Aftermath = expansion = pay for it.

Lost Coast = free chapter with new technology effects.
                        Camp Counselor wrote..

I agree, this actually sort of pisses me off as they DID say it would be free to people who owned HL2. I'm thinking it will go for $30. I'm not going to be happy, but hell I'll still pay for it.
                        Again... Aftermath was never slated to be free.

Comment

This is fine, but I swear, I do not want to see an "EA GAMES! CHALLENGE EVERYTHING!" movie play when I start it up.

It's fine in the MOH, BF1942, etc. But in Half-Life games? I don't think so.

Comment

agreed, I hate any non-bypassable screens when a game is loading. And EA is probably the worst for those. You should be able to bypass any and all screens that appear needlessly when a game is loading up. I already gave you my money to buy the damn game, I don't need to see 15 logos before I get to the main menu. Just load straight to the damn menu. Or at the very least give us a *documented* command line switch such as -novideos to obtain this behaviour. And being able to skip a *single* screen by pressing a button/key does not count, as you still have to see every single screen in the process. Sure, it's nice to see these things ONCE when you're loading the game for the FIRST TIME. But after that give me a way to bypass the crap.
                            defuser wrote..

I hope when i buy Aftermath,I not gonna see a hundred advertisements by EA when i start up

Comment

Edited by [user="3298"] @ [time="1122107380"]

pistachio wrote..

This is fine, but I swear, I do not want to see an "EA GAMES! CHALLENGE EVERYTHING!" movie play when I start it up.

It's fine in the MOH, BF1942, etc. But in Half-Life games? I don't think so.
                              It won't happen, Valve is not one of EA's 'studios', so they don't cooperate anything about the game itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X